• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sharia student account

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks like the usual Lloyds practice: offer a zero percent interest rate account, call it an Islamic account and then use aggressive charges when the account goes overdrawn.

http://www.lloydstsb.com/rates_and_c...es.asp#islamic

Better off going to the authentic Islamic banks:

http://www.islamic-bank.com/islamicb...ome/1/Home.jsp

Instead of Interest rates, I just love the way they call it Prophet rates (only kidding, profit)
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

If there is any fiscal advantage in going with an Islamic style of financing as opposed to the regular UK style, then presumably they couldn't legally refuse you because you're not actually Islamic as surely that would be illegal. Might be one for the IFA's ?
      It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

"Cast terror into the hearts of the infidels. Strike off their heads. Strike off even the tips of their fingers!" (Sura 8:12).
        "Fighting is obligatory for you Muslims." (Sura 2:216).
        "And if you shall be slain or die on the path of God, then pardon from God and mercy is better than all your amassings; For if you die or be slain, verily unto God shall you be gathered." (Sura 3:151,2).
        "Verily, the infidels are your undoubted enemies!" (Sura 4:102).
        "Believers! wage war against such of the infidels as are your neighbors, and let them find you rigorous." (Sura 9:124).
        "Give not way therefore to the Infidels, but by means of this Koran strive against them with a mighty strife." (Sura 25:54).
        "Those who resist Allah and His Messenger will be crumbled to dust, as were those before them: for we have already sent down Clear Signs and the Unbelievers will have a humiliating Penalty." (Sura 58:5).
        "Those who reject faith (Islam) and belie our signs. They shall be Companions of the Fire and abide in it." (Sura 2:39).
        "The Curse of Allah is on those without faith (in Islam). Thus have they drawn wrath upon wrath on themselves and humiliating is the punishment of those who reject faith (Islam)." (Sura 2:89-90).
        "The Punishment for those who oppose Allah and his messenger is: Execution or Crucifixion or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides or exile from the land." (Sura 5:33).
        "If you do not fight, He Allah will punish you sternly, and replace you by other men." (Sura 9:39)'.
        "The curse of God on the infidels!" (Sura 2:83).
        "Let not believers take infidels for their friends rather than believers: who so shall do this has nothing to hope from God." (Sura 3:27).
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Is there is an advantage, then can you picture all the infidel folk (eg. property developers) lining up at the City branch of the Islamic bank clutching their copy of the relevant discrimination legislation.
          It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Bunch of old tosh really, from the website:

We welcome customers who are not of Muslim faith to apply for a Lloyds TSB Islamic Student account.
            Roll on up David Ibrahaim...
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

LTSB gets commission from Allah for every account signed up...

Comment

Yep, one virgin for every pound, or should that be kilogram, of flesh apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by oraclesmith
                  Is there is an advantage, then can you picture all the infidel folk (eg. property developers) lining up at the City branch of the Islamic bank clutching their copy of the relevant discrimination legislation.
                  I don't see anywhere where "only muslims allowed" is mentioned. As Chrisitians also beleive interest is wrong - I'm sure many would be interested. I read an analysis back once in the guardian - Sharia mortages are more expensive. Ironically under FSA rules they have to supply a %rate for comparison basis. It is higher than other banks.
                  McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                  Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000
                    Sharia mortages are more expensive.
                    That's probably racist...

Comment

Working...
                    X