• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bad time of year for new contracts?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    I'm about to start looking for a gig this week so I'll let you know how it goes.
    I'm sure you aren't going to post back with "I do [random skill 1] and [random skill 2 which is popular if you phrase it correctly] but I can't find a contract because I only want to work in a 5 mile radius of my house. "
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      I'm sure you aren't going to post back with "I do [random skill 1] and [random skill 2 which is popular if you phrase it correctly] but I can't find a contract because I only want to work in a 5 mile radius of my house. "
      I do only want to work within a 5 mile radius of my flat. I'd quite like to work within 5 minutes walk again, but that might be pushing it

Comment

My niche is dead at the moment, which is why I am thankful for the extension that I have just had, which will hopefully take me over the lull and into the summer holidays which I am planning to take off with the kids, will be looking in September and hoping things are a lot better!
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          My niche is dead at the moment, which is why I am thankful for the extension that I have just had, which will hopefully take me over the lull and into the summer holidays which I am planning to take off with the kids, will be looking in September and hoping things are a lot better!
          Time to get a new niche under your belt in preperation for Summer?
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
            I do only want to work within a 5 mile radius of my flat. I'd quite like to work within 5 minutes walk again, but that might be pushing it
            Yeah but you aren't going to start a new thread about it.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Erebus View Post
              Just wondering how everyone else is finding the market. I've had a couple of months bench time no, plenty of interest in my CV, plenty of submissions going forwards around 5 face-to-face interviews and a few telephone but no offers yet. Over a decade of IT based experience and over a year contracting (so fairly newbie contracting wise).

Either I'm up against a lot of strong competition or need to improve my interview/sales skills!

I work on the fluffy side of dev and UI design...

Thanks folks!
              If you're getting interest, and getting interviews, then it doesn't sound like a bad time of year. The contracts are obviously out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Erebus View Post

I work on the fluffy side
                You've worked as a fluffer?

Fluffer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Don't know how to break it to you but the market is booming.....
                  So I'm told!

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    I was assuming UI and fluffy as in not actually producing anything useful apart from photoshop designs....
                    About as useful as your comments obviously.

Comment

As has been said before "If you're getting interest, and getting interviews, then it doesn't sound like a bad time of year. The contracts are obviously out there."

I am a Business Analyst and certainly seems to be strong demand for us at the moment, though as is typical I am not currently looking at the moment!

Comment

Working...
                      X