• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Here's a puzzle for you

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't send year 8.

Its not mandatory for them - is how you have worded it, they can mark them in-house?

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      The exam papers are stuffed into packets and loaded onto a truck and then driven to the scanning bureau where the packets are opened and then the forms are scanned.

The potential for mix ups is still to high. We need a clear and readily visible and un****upable way of distinguishing these papers.
      Ah, you're happy for them to identify which papers to scan first? That's not what you said. Colour them differently then.

Comment

So, what did Suity suggest?
        "Give me a few days to post a question think about it and I'll get back to you."

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
          A workshop?
          It's good, but it's not right.
          A series of workshops, followed by a flounce when the client ignores your best practice advice and goes for the simplest option?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

The exam papers are stuffed into packets and loaded onto a truck and then driven to the scanning bureau where the packets are opened and then the forms are scanned.

The potential for mix ups is still to high. We need a clear and readily visible and un****upable way of distinguishing these papers.
            have you heard of scope creep ?
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Print one set with "YEAR 9" at the top, then print one set "YEAR 8" at the top. If not, then print one set with the first question being "WHAT YEAR ARE YOU IN?"

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                Ah, you're happy for them to identify which papers to scan first? That's not what you said. Colour them differently then.
                I was perfectly accurate in my description. The centres/schools are not trusted to read and collate. We want to scan the year 9s first.

Different coloured answer sheets is what I suggested, and has been accepted as workable. This is why I often feel like
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Use multiple bureaux.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    have you heard of scope, creep ?
                    I think you missed a comma there, I FIFY

Comment

OK so you wanna hear the next problem? (final one, promise)
                      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                      X