• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Speed Cameras

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andyw
    And in turn Brown will fund the cameras and raise your taxes to cover it !
    Brown is under microscope now, so he can't do a lot of things that he did in the past. Depriving scameraships of illgotten gains now is pretty much the only means of legitimate fightback against this legalised scam.

Comment

Yeah I've heard of one of two people who have been done for the same thing 31 in a 30 the kunts !

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
        Brown is under microscope now, so he can't do a lot of things that he did in the past. Depriving scameraships of illgotten gains now is pretty much the only means of legitimate fightback against this legalised scam.

dont be silly ! they are untouchable ! if they dont win votes they will fiddle their way into another 4 years of hell !

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
          I was in a taxi the other week and he told me how he was done for doing 31 in a 30 zone.
          That's nothing. I got done for doing 30.2MPH in a 30MPH zone. It's a fair cop...

Comment

You may have a chance if you can prove that when you were driving on 40 mph the only 30 mph signs were those that were obstructed. You will need to make photographs with dates (dont use digital camera), have some witnesses to write statement and you may stand a chance. However be aware that by going this route you would cut off all other route because you will in effect admit you were driving car with speed higher than 30 mph, so should your obstruction arguement be rejected it would mean you automatically lose.

Go to this forum - http://forums.pepipoo.com/ - read it and post your situation there, a lot of experienced people can help you. Solicitor is the last effort and I'd go this route only if you were in danger of losing your license (ie at 9 points).

Comment

Actually, it is worth moting that the speed cameras will not regiater a speed if your a driving at 150+ MPH. Those of is in our high-performance cars should therefore drive at or above this speed at all times in order to avoid prosecution.

Comment

soon you will get ticketed for doing 30 in a 30 !

Comment

Originally posted by djfoot
                  I got done for doing 30.2MPH in a 30MPH zone.
                  This can't be true.

Comment

Originally posted by Andyw
                    soon you will get ticketed for doing 30 in a 30 !
                    Not so. I shall be in this office and be nowhere near my car until at least 7pm tonight....Honest guv.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                      This can't be true.
                      Got me. I lied.

Comment

Working...
                      X