• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Message to Pakistan cricketers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW
    People are just enjoying the game - unlike Beckham tw@t they are not show offs with stupid hair cuts and non-team player attitude.
    !!
    Why does Becks keep coming into any sporting Thread with you AtW?
    I rekon you hanker after a "one To one" with Mr Beckham...eh?

Remove the human bowler and have a machine do it!
    See AtW!....... I can come up with a solution....but it's a sh*te as yours!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
      Give a new ball for each run and doing anything to it apart from bowling it (and umpire should have right to stop bowler and inspect ball for any damage, presense of which automaticaly classed as cheating since its brand new ball) should be classed as cheating - there problem solved.
      That's going to be a lot of balls (for the cricket match and from yourself)

Comment

Originally posted by lORD lUCAN
        Never understood cricket, highly paid for what exactly, personally I beleive that pakistan walking out at the weekend was possibly the most exciting part of a cricket match I have seen for many moons. Will they come out again, won't they, oh the excitement, my willy nearly did a burp !
        I tend to agree with you, but then I only go for the beer and a suntan...

Comment

Originally posted by djfoot
          That's going to be a lot of balls
          Then don't complain about cheating - you guys have very negative attitudes, pretty much like tw@t Beckham. Unlike you I am a can-do person who is undeterred by the fact that I know feck all about the subject

High cost of lots of ball? Sell them after the game! I am sure lots of people would pay reasonable amount for each of the balls used in the game, say for a tenner they would fly.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
            Give a new ball for each run and doing anything to it apart from bowling it (and umpire should have right to stop bowler and inspect ball for any damage, presense of which automaticaly classed as cheating since its brand new ball) should be classed as cheating - there problem solved.
            What sort of an arse are you? A new ball every time would remove the art of the Bowler, the only effective bowler would be the extremely fast bowler, though that would be entertaining.

Normal deterioration of the ball during the game is all part of the game. Astute use of the ball regarding pace, spin and seem makes for a tactical game.
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
              What sort of an arse are you? A new ball every time would remove the art of the Bowler
              Excuse me? Art of the Bowler? You mean art to damage the ball or to scratch or to polish it in a way that is nothing else but cheating?

How many runs in a single day, say 1000? Well get 1000 balls, use them once only then sell to people who attend the game - if they sold 100000+ tickets, then they will surely sell these once used balls at a profit.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                High cost of lots of ball? Sell them after the game! I am sure lots of people would pay reasonable amount for each of the balls used in the game, say for a tenner they would fly.
                That's not going to work at Village club level. We follow the same rules as all other club, be it County or International level. Even on Contractor rates, I couldn't afford to subsidise the ball cost for a 40 over game...I can just about afford the champagne tea once a season.

Comment

Originally posted by djfoot
                  That's not going to work at Village club level.
                  True - but high level with higher stakes attracts far more cheating, and this is where much higher levels of protection against cheating should be taken. On local level local methods could work - if ball by one particular team gets damaged more often then they should pay for new ball every run.

hth

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                    Excuse me? Art of the Bowler? You mean art to damage the ball or to scratch or to polish it in a way that is nothing else but cheating?
                    <snip>.
                    As I said, clearly a (another) game you know nothing about. Have you ever tried considering what other people are telling you before you reply with some form of drivel?
                    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

You are not problem solvers guys - I am, so you should read the solution rather than try to clung to current situation that seems to only encourage cheating.

Comment

Working...
                      X