• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor Bob really taking the pi$$

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    It's quite simple really - it's a team effort to deliver this and he is doing jack all. The delivery of this project is important to my own reputation as well as me feeling duty bound to deliver it for what I am charging - I feel it is at least partly my responsibility.
    Would you be happier if Bob spent his time on CUK instead?

Seriously, not your issue if you're that bothered raise to PM.. Otherwise ignore and crack on with posting on here/your hectic work load
    Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
      Sen Management wont give a monkies about 'Its not my fault it was his' you will get the same share of the blame he does. - unless you act now.

Go to the project Manager and inform about what you have seen, he is responsible for the project and will make his own mind up on the next actions. He is prob not aware and thinks he is doing a great job.

Start with a simple email to cover your back to the PM and the PM's Boss

Hi PM/PM Boss

Could we have a 10 min chat to discuss 'Bob' and his limited productivity and negitive impact on your project.

Thanks

NorthWestPerm2

but if his project will not impact you or your contract then ignore and suck it up
      No way. Is this a wind up?
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

It's quite simple really - it's a team effort to deliver this and he is doing jack all. The delivery of this project is important to my own reputation as well as me feeling duty bound to deliver it for what I am charging - I feel it is at least partly my responsibility.
        If it affects you directly then you may have a 'small' point.

Duty bound. Sod that. I'm duty bound to keep my contract going and the dosh rolling not worry about the client.

If I wanted to worry about who was doing what work, I'd have stuck with permie and been a manager by now.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Totally this but I do know why he is frustrated. We have a bobette here and I honestly can't find anyone that knows what she does. I can't remember the last time she had a work related screen up so we couldn't take a guess at her role. So many people have said the same. I wouldn't be surprised if she gets less than an hour in.

I don't actually care about it as it doesn't affect me but it can be frustrating and beggar belief at times. All that said once everyone has had a quick chat about it it's forgotten. Just a talking point rather than an issue.
          Tell you what - I've got a bit of a semi here. NLUK agreed with me!

Comment

Might be an idea asking the PM about the priority of the deliverables - to see what you and bob have to deliver and when.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

depends

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
              No way. Is this a wind up?
              A wind up or sound advice, depends if your his work brings you down also

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
                A wind up or sound advice, depends if your his work brings you down also
                Fair point....

Comment

If it affects you directly then you may have a 'small' point.

Duty bound. Sod that. I'm duty bound to keep my contract going and the dosh rolling not worry about the client.

If I wanted to worry about who was doing what work, I'd have stuck with permie and been a manager by now.
                  If that's your attitude then good luck. A good honest service is what I look to provide. Meeting deadlines is part of that. If that leads to more work then so be it, not the other way round.

Comment

If that's your attitude then good luck. A good honest service is what I look to provide. Meeting deadlines is part of that. If that leads to more work then so be it, not the other way round.
                    Really? So are you one of those people who puts on their linked in profile about the joy they get out of solving problems, and how their aim in life is provide an excellent service for their client.

You'll be telling us next that work is the main thing and it just happens you get paid.

Comment

Really? So are you one of those people who puts on their linked in profile about the joy they get out of solving problems, and how their aim in life is provide an excellent service for their client.

You'll be telling us next that work is the main thing and it just happens you get paid.
                      I like solving problems. That doesn't mean I don't like getting paid.
                      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                      X