• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Godfathers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And yet you do not rank them in your signature. Tell me - how did you choose three from five ?
    It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Lol they carried the essence of my sentiment bearing in mind the audience.
      Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Well I disagree. Sola Scriptura is much more relevant :-

All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work. (Psalm 119:18; Psalm 138:2; II Tim. 3:14-17)

Comment

If I believed in a religion it would not be the the fuzzy born again christians, one designed for the middle class spineless losers. i.e. you believe therefore you are instantly going to heaven. Whereas catholics like mother Theresa who sacrificed her whole life for the poor is going to hell, because she isn't a born again. I used to know a guy who claimed he was a christian yet cheated on his woman and treat people like tulip, but because he was "saved" was going to heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
            Lol they carried the essence of my sentiment bearing in mind the audience.
            You forgot two more I am afraid

Solo Una Maglia

Solo Un Capitano

Francesco Totti
            Last edited by Francko; 20 August 2006, 05:38.
            I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by oraclesmith
              Well I disagree. Sola Scriptura is much more relevant :-
              I agree with your overall sentiment.

Diestl - God determines who is saved, as for your friend who claims to be saved but cheats I refer him to the words of Jesus

Matthew 19:17
              "Why do you ask me about what is good?" Jesus replied. "There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, obey the commandments."

John 14: 23-24
              Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. He who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me
              Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

I agree with your overall sentiment.

Diestl - God determines who is saved, as for your friend who claims to be saved but cheats I refer him to the words of Jesus
                What if someone follows the commandments but has never been a believer (i.e. as from your words, a pagan)? Is he/she still worth of being saved? If yes, why do we need to believe in something, let's just advice on principles (commandments). If not, I'd just believe but I wouldn't feel the need to follow the commandments as I would be saved anyway.
                I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
                  What if someone follows the commandments but has never been a believer (i.e. as from your words, a pagan)? Is he/she still worth of being saved? If yes, why do we need to believe in something, let's just advice on principles (commandments). If not, I'd just believe but I wouldn't feel the need to follow the commandments as I would be saved anyway.
                  Francko I recommend you read the Book of John if you genuinely want to know.
                  Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Francko I recommend you read the Book of John if you genuinely want to know.
                    Why can't you just answer a simple question? When you are at work in meetings with managers and directors what are your answers? Do you suggest them to read this book or this manual rather than providing answers?

Comment

You a Calvinist then Chico ?

Comment

Working...
                      X