• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scottish independence: Cable says RBS would have to move to London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    There is absolutely no chance that if Scotland gets independence the banking rates will be set at 10%..
    I smell fear.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      I smell fear.
      Realistically the country will move quite a bit to the left, and with at least 2 left wing parties that can win anyone who proposes this will be destroyed at the polls.

And I could not care less what happens, I will be able to up sticks and fook off to any country of my choosing if the wind blows cold. Quite fancy the states.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        Quite fancy the states.
        If you do remember to leave behind this:

And buy one of those for your visits to walmart:

Men armed with assault rifles walk through Portland to 'educate' public on gun rights
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

After 20 years of trying out this 'fairer society' pish you will need an assault rifle in Glasgow.

Seriously, have you read the stuff Jim Sillars proposes to do with the Labour party? Bonkers wealth distribution stuff. He would win as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
            Nah, they can keep their bankrupt bank. Then we won't have to bail the bloody thing out.
            Agreed, who wants that pile of rot? If the implication is that England should retain RBS in case it needs a bailout, nah, **** that. Let it sink. If you think RBS is risky, don't put your money in it, and if you do, don't come crying to the rest of us after for bailouts when it goes topsy turvy. It's a shame 'we' own it in the first place.

How does the government even get away with saying it may make a 'profit' on the Lloyds sale once inflation is accounted for?

Comment

Working...
            X