• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone know anything about agency or client black listing?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Originally posted by Dactylion
    Even Suity get's contracts

Draw your own conclusion

HTH

PS - This is general
    FTFY
    Where are the grammar police when you need them?

Comment

Perhaps try submitting a (slightly altered) CV under a false name, and see whether it gets an interview?

Comment

As a contract PM in some large companies, I have also worked on the recruiting side of this as well. I have a few pet agents who I have fed work to (no backhanders before anyone asks). As a consequence, they have been quite candid with me of late. Here are a few quotes from a couple of agents who are about my age (been around a while - grew up in the industry).
        1. "I send perfect matches and the client rejects them. I send "no hopers" and they take them on!";
        2. "It is entirely a matter of luck";
        3. "The clients aren't in the least bit clear about what they want";
        4. "It isn't what you know, it is who you know";

Make of this anything you want.

TT

Comment

Originally posted by TransitTrucker View Post
          Just wondered if I am on a black list since I don't seem to be able to find work even when my skills match 100%?

Maybe i was just cr4p and the word got round. . .
          As a contract PM in some large companies, I have also worked on the recruiting side of this as well. I have a few pet agents who I have fed work to (no backhanders before anyone asks). As a consequence, they have been quite candid with me of late. Here are a few quotes from a couple of agents who are about my age (been around a while - grew up in the industry).
          1. "I send perfect matches and the client rejects them. I send "no hopers" and they take them on!";

TT
          Was one of these from the wrong sockie login?

Comment

Originally posted by Dactylion View Post
            Can you reword that please.

Comment

I have 3 things on the go at the minute and I'm hopeless according to CUK.

Make of that what you will.
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by Dactylion View Post
                Can you reword that please.
                Login the wrong sockie for one of these?

HTH.

Comment

TT
                  Deffo Luck if you ask me. I've had same. Gigs where I'm perfect match no joy, gigs where I've got one/two skills I've got.
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
                    Perhaps try submitting a (slightly altered) CV under a false name, and see whether it gets an interview?
                    Yes, or even use the convenient fact that most of us have more than one christian name. You don't have to falsify anything then.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                      I have 3 things on the go at the minute and I'm hopeless according to CUK.

Make of that what you will.
                      The sun shines on a dog's arse some days.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Working...
                      X