• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working for IBM

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Francko

Haven’t made up my mind yet whether to go perm or not. They are offering a package between 70K-80K (+ the usual benefits) for a senior consultant.

Don’t fancy sitting around waiting for work (though it’s better then being sent to the Afghanistan border), so unless they can put me on a project straightaway plus if their reputation is not that good, I can’t be bothered…!

Comment

Originally posted by KJH
      Dear Francko

Haven’t made up my mind yet whether to go perm or not. They are offering a package between 70K-80K (+ the usual benefits) for a senior consultant.

Don’t fancy sitting around waiting for work (though it’s better then being sent to the Afghanistan border), so unless they can put me on a project straightaway plus if their reputation is not that good, I can’t be bothered…!
      Would imagine it's London. Then it's good I think. Would consider on a par with a 450-500 a day contract. Especially if you are not forced to do any management role and you can negotiate something extra should you go for that side.
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Yes, it is in London.

And yes, I have been to the depressing South Bank building.

Comment

Working...
        X