• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Alternatives to flying

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    I've never been brave enough to ride bikes.

After I landed on my head falling off an ancient James motor scooter we drove up & down the back lane when I was a kid.

Sort of put me off, especially the picking bits of red ash out of my wounds...
    When I were a lad (sorry TwATTy) I came of me pushy at full tilt on a black ash (sort of dry asphalt) track. I was wearing shorts and a cap sleeved T at the time. Took weeks for all the tulip that was embedded in my skin to come out even after the scrubbing that the nurse did (that fookin hurt). Scabs and puss for months.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Friend of mine did just that. Went over the handlebars and grabbed the front wheel. Chopped his thumb off !
      It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
        You should try a 120mph tank slapper. TL1000 not called the widow maker for nothing.
        I used to have an H2 Kawasaki. That was like a pig on blancmonge. Then I moved on to an early Z650. I think the frame was made out of papier mache. Truly lethal.

Comment

Originally posted by expat
          I have cycled round the Arc de Triomphe.

OK, on the pavement
          Did that a few times some years ago, along with Place de la Concorde which is also fun, on a Jap sports bike. Mind you I was a bit younger, and a bit of a speed-freak then, so weaving through the traffic at 60-70 seemed a cool idea at the time.

Has anybody tried it? How far afield does it work?

Parameters: spend Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night at home in UK; work Mon-Fri. So in general, arrive Monday before lunch, leave Friday after lunch.

Or should I write my own timetable instead of trying to be an employee?
          I tried doing the Euro-tunnel route for a couple of months on a previous contract, Brussels-London. Was quite quick and given the 1hr difference could leave circa 6am EST and get to work round 9:30.

In the end though went for the Eurostar option even though it added another hour or so, simply cause I could let the train take the strain so to speak.
          Last edited by Joe Black; 17 August 2006, 19:30.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
            Going through life worrying about what might happen is not living in my book, if I choose to drive at 100mph in the outside lane throughout my life and save myself 30 minutes a day that’s extra time I can spend with my family and its a risk I’m willing to take.
            No comment required!

Good thinking, ginger!

Comment

Nice idea AtW. Any agents here who would like to tell me how many teleworking contracts they've got on the Siebel technical side? I can tell you how many I found when I did a search, for "telework" or "teleworking" and no other keyword.
              Did I miss the bit where people came up with teleworking contracts???

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
                I very nearly wiped out a VW Golf in my Jag when I put my foot down on the exit from a roundabout heading into Leeds on a wet Monday morning. That woke me up. The look of terror on the VW drivers face was a classic!!!

You proud of that ?
                you @rse hole

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  Was it you in the VW, EO?

You should have put a spell on him & turned him into a toad...

Nooooo
                  No VW for me o green and scaley one

but sh!te drivers p!ss me off
                  politically correct t0ssers p!ss me off

with Churchill you get it all in one small package

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                  X