• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Baked potato

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tesco express seemed like a good idea, but whenever i've nipped to get a bottle of wine or some toothpaste there is always a queue the length of an aisle full of people who dont get the concept off 'big shop'=supermarket 'small shop'=express.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      What about Somerfields?

A real class act.
      Are you being sarcastic? There is hardly another store that looks so bleak, so rip-off and so crap choice wise - at least ASDA and others are cheap. Their model seems to be to acquire local monopoly on high street as otherwise nobody would pay their prices.

Comment

Try reading Shopped: The Shocking Power of British Supermarkets. Highly recommended and likely to make you think twice about using a supermarket again.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
          Tesco express seemed like a good idea, but whenever i've nipped to get a bottle of wine or some toothpaste there is always a queue the length of an aisle full of people who dont get the concept off 'big shop'=supermarket 'small shop'=express.
          The concept of "Tesco Express" was simply a malicious marketing ploy to circumvent restricted town planning permission and local monopoly laws to oust any local grocers, butchers and farm shops, thus effectively putting the competition out of business.

Read more on LB's suggestion of the book: The Schocking Power Of British Supermarkets

You'll never buy a grey, slimy organic Tesco's chicken, on the pretense it's healthy, ever again.
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Anyone who shops at Morrisons should be banned from this board

Comment

I like Tesco's - I can convert my Clubcard points into BA Miles. If I spend over £20,000 in their stores I can earn enough for a flight home!

It'll cost me nearly £700 quid on BA's website otherwise. Using New Labour's economic model, that has got to be the barging of the decade.
              Blair, you cannot reach me now,
              No matter how you try,
              Goodbye cruel Labour,
              Your end is nigh.

International Talk Like a Pirate Day

Comment

bargain
                We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Originally posted by Fleetwood
                  bargain
                  Oh, I thought he meant barging.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
                    We used to have one in Borehamwood, another place I lived.

Borehamwood is different to Norfolk in that you don't marry your sister, you beat her up. Then you go down to The Crown pub by the station and have a fight, then up to the Bull and Tiger for some drugs and another fight.
                    That's so right it's not funny.
                    Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                      How Tesco fits into it? They have for some reason like 30% market share, and few times I was there it did not occur to me they were obviously better than ASDA (that I now stopped using).
                      So you find large discrepancies in the pricing of the cabbages and beetroot that comprise your staple diet then alexei?
                      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X