• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The 250 a day agency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah, got loads of American tourists to do that. They think it's original.

I am more likely to say. "Another rum and coke, please" or "Put another bottle of Stella on my tab".
    Blair, you cannot reach me now,
    No matter how you try,
    Goodbye cruel Labour,
    Your end is nigh.

International Talk Like a Pirate Day

Comment

Originally posted by CaribbeanPirate
      Nah, got loads of American tourists to do that. They think it's original.

I am more likely to say. "Another rum and coke, please" or "Put another bottle of Stella on my tab".

And how is the Diving?

Comment

IT'S BRILLIANT!

Except, I only go snorkelling. I keep saying to myself that I should learn to dive but I am not confident in the water for that. Been down in the submarines though!

When I go back at the end of the year I must do something about it. I’m back in the UK ‘coz my old mum is not well and … I’m soon going to be an orphan.
        No matter how you try,
        Goodbye cruel Labour,
        Your end is nigh.

Comment

IT'S BRILLIANT!

Except, I only go snorkelling. I keep saying to myself that I should learn to dive but I am not confident in the water for that. Been down in the submarines though!

When I go back at the end of the year I must do something about it. I’m back in the UK ‘coz my old mum is not well and … I’m soon going to be an orphan.
          I thought Caribbean Pirates looked more like Jonny Depp, rather than a middle-aged fatty with a long uncured beard. Are you sure you are not Threaded?
          I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Nah, my beard be platted not threaded!

Check here for a proper picture.
            No matter how you try,
            Goodbye cruel Labour,
            Your end is nigh.

Comment

Nah, my beard be platted not threaded!

Check here for a proper picture.
              All I see is a bird showing her muff. Not sure if it's platted though but certainly quite unkempt...
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
                So like a temporary contract. I.e. 1 year contracts with fixed holidays, sick pays and so on and penalties if terminated before. In the continent actually those contracts are quite common as companies don't want to hire permanent people (permies have rights in EU, it's not like in UK). Is it becoming common here too?

Yep, something like that. Some large firms in certain sectors have engineers that have been 'on contract' all their working lives. I'd hazard a guess that this sort of behaviour is why the HMRC dreamed up IR35 and inflicted it even on us Limited's on 3 and 6 month project-based or interim stints. IBest consider them as fairly well paid permanent jobs with the possibility of squeezing a little (just a little) more usable cash out of them than the equivalent permie job.
                It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
                  All I see is a bird showing her muff. Not sure if it's platted though but certainly quite unkempt...
                  Perhaps my gardening Services would help trim their Hedges

Comment

Working...
                  X