• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When should I start feeling old?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    You're feeling old about the time you fancy a cup of Horlicks at bedtime.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I think you are old when you take refuge in ideas that were fashionable (without good reason) when you were young.
      Things break. bits fall off, well - too bad. It's no excuse for quitting.
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
        Things break. bits fall off, well - too bad. It's no excuse for quitting.
        my phrase is

'bits of me have stopped working' , but its the same idea.

I'll start to worry about it when I cant do 800 miles in a day and have ten pints at the end of it
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          my phrase is

'bits of me have stopped working' , but its the same idea.

I'll start to worry about it when I cant do 800 miles in a day and have ten pints at the end of it

Comment

not those bits, dickwad
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)

Comment

Lay off the booze and do some exercise. You are the only thing making you feel old, your young and allegedly healthy, make it last or you'll be lying ****ed in a hospital bed by 50.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                Lay off the booze and do some exercise. You are the only thing making you feel old, your young and allegedly healthy, make it last or you'll be lying ****ed in a hospital bed by 50.
                So nothing to do with all the air travel and having 4 kids to chase around after?

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  So nothing to do with all the air travel and having 4 kids to chase around after?
                  Mate I worked in Munich for 3 years flying regularly, I've got two kids and have been slowly deteriorating due to what I now know is terminal cancer and I whinge less than you

If you don't like how you feel change your lifestyle.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Mate I worked in Munich for 3 years flying regularly, I've got two kids and have been slowly deteriorating due to what I now know is terminal cancer and I whinge less than you

For goodness sake Doodab get some perspective, you may have terminal cancer, but Suity has a cold. You got it easy.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I dropped a packet of wine gums into a Vat of wine in a winery in the Whineland, and they still whined less than suity

(\__/)
                      (>'.'<)

Comment

Working...
                      X