• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eh?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"A recent poll suggested that a third of British Muslims would rather live under Sharia law, while a similar number said they also hope Britain will one day become an Islamic state. But Dr Pasha claimed the legal changes he proposed would help convince young Muslims to integrate better into British society."
    I think what is being proposed is designed to help Britain to integrate into Islamic society.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I cannot believe it, its one thing after another in this place. Dont get me wrong, im not racist. One of My grandfather's was even indian!! he came over in the sixties, worked his butt off, never claimed benefits and minded his own business, not pressing his muslim views onto the british society, as he knew he was a "guest"

New Labour have orchestrated one f## up after another since they came to power. they dont give a rats a## about our grandparents fighting and losing their lives in the war.....what was it all for?

bus load after bus load of illegals and non-illegals to come over here and bleed us dry, impose their cultures on us, while we sit back and allow it to go on.

if this is granted (and you can guarantee that if it isnt now, it will be in the not too distant future) it just confirms to me that I should be following all my friends and collegues decisions and looking to move away from the UK.

And im promising that when I do, i wont press my culture/views onto the country I go to and its people.

Comment

Originally posted by NetwkSupport
        And im promising that when I do, i wont press my culture/views onto the country I go to and its people.
        Not sure sure I go along with that. I always expect the Spanish/French/Greek/Turks/etc to speak English when I go on holiday....especially the French...

Comment

your talking about a language barrier, well if i go to live in spain/greece/wherever you can be sure i'd learn their language.

The spoken language isnt really the issue here.

Comment

Dont get me wrong, im not racist.
            Oh yes you are.

You have questioned something a "different race" said. There is no alternative, you must be racist. You just have to keep up with the newspeak definition.

[tongue in cheek smiley for the avoidance of doubt]

Comment

Im not racist.

Okay so if i went to saudi, and my girlfreind wanted to show some skin, sunbathe in a bikini, etc.. do you think that would be okay??

I dont think so.

And you know what, she wouldn't even attempt it. She would respect that their culture has issues with it and accept it.

what im saying (and maybe i was slightly too forceful, i will admit). is that if someone wants to come to the UK they should obide by UK law/culture and not try to press their cultures onto ours.

For example we dont even celebrate st. georges day as a bank holiday so why should there be a bank holiday for ramadam???!

Comment

if someone wants to come to the UK they should obide by UK law/culture
                That's infringing their human rights, you racist.

Comment

so if my girlefriend strips off to sunbathe in saudi she should be allowed because otherwise their infringing on her human rights?

hmm....

Comment

Netwksupport
                    I have seen your bird with nowt on so I understand her reluctance to get into a bikini in Saudi.

you racist

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

so if my girlefriend strips off to sunbathe in saudi she should be allowed because otherwise their infringing on her human rights?

hmm....
                      Saudi doesn't recognise the concept of human rights.
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X