• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My new pig

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Seems to me like asking to end up eating way too much meat to be healthy.

Sort of like my occasional stunt of buying a huge beef joint in a supermarket, as it is marked half price and thus irresistable, but then having to wolf a huge portion of it despite the packet saying "serves 6 to 8"

(although one can wrap what little is left in silver foil and freeze it to make a beef curry next weekend)
    oh no, not at all.
    They package it, lable it and make sausages and stuff with the trim. they even give you a little bag with the kidneys in
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      oh no, not at all.
      They package it, lable it and make sausages and stuff with the trim. they even give you a little bag with the kidneys in
      Devilled kidneys, yum yum.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

oh no, not at all.
        You're a poet, and didn't know it.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          You're a poet, and didn't know it.
          Well said, Suity, I couldn't agree more!
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

oh no, not at all.
            You'll be stuffing the bird at christmas then?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
              I just got this for my birthday

Can't wait
              I had one last year. Got it from a friend whose family keep them so got to see the piglets first too (there was a webcam at one point but I think mummy pig took exception to it).

Come to think of it, there's a pack of fat lurking in the freezer ready to be made into scratchings. I used the hairy bar snacks recipe before - highly recommended nom nom nom

Comment

I am loving the meaty threads today. I should talk to the missus about getting a chest freezer.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

the missus reckons its not a little bag with two kidneys in.

omg what have i just scoffed
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)

Comment

the missus reckons its not a little bag with two kidneys in.

omg what have i just scoffed
                    protein

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                      protein
                      i think ive dropped a bollock
                      (\__/)
                      (>'.'<)

Comment

Working...
                      X