• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Forgive me for my sins

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It happena only when the debugger is attached, which leaves a good catch-22 situation. Basically I end up having to code blindly.
    Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

This sucks badly - debugger really helps in compex code, I wasted lots of time debugging function with inclined assembly blindly

Anyway, these things can happen - overall .net is suprisingly good with high performance, it could have been a lot worse.

Comment

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
        Mods - put this into Technical, FFS.
        We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Originally posted by Fleetwood
          ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
          Mods - put this into Technical, FFS.

Comment

TheMonkey and AtW - stop scaring me. You should be talking about dragging and dropping controls in the design screen in VS .net - not all this complicated stuff like threads and mutexes.

Otherwise you'll destroy my fantasy that IT has been a piece of piss over the last 10 years....
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
              Otherwise you'll destroy my fantasy that IT has been a piece of piss over the last 10 years....
              Have I mentioned that I now take into account locality of processor cache when choosing or designing my own most performant algorithm?

Comment

Originally posted by TheMonkey
                I wouldn't have a Mac if it wasn't x86. I only bought one as the purchase risk is mitigated by the fact that it runs windows as well via Bootcamp.
                You should also look at Parallels Desktop for Mac. It gives you a virtual machine, rather than the dual boot solution of Bootcamp.

http://www.parallels.com/en/products/desktop/

"Use any full version of Windows (3.1, 3.11, 95, 98, Me, 2000, NT, XP, 2003), any Linux distribution, FreeBSD, Solaris, OS/2, eComStation, or MS-DOS in secure virtual machines running alongside – not instead of - Mac OS X."
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman
                  You should also look at Parallels Desktop for Mac. It gives you a virtual machine, rather than the dual boot solution of Bootcamp.

http://www.parallels.com/en/products/desktop/

"Use any full version of Windows (3.1, 3.11, 95, 98, Me, 2000, NT, XP, 2003), any Linux distribution, FreeBSD, Solaris, OS/2, eComStation, or MS-DOS in secure virtual machines running alongside – not instead of - Mac OS X."
                  Fantastic - that is EXACTLY what I've been looking for. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                    Have I mentioned that I now take into account locality of processor cache when choosing or designing my own most performant algorithm?
                    MMMMMMMUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!! !! (whimper)
                    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Put some "Beep" commands in...

Comment

Working...
                      X