• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

rebellion

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you don't want to pay for tv, download the TVCatchup app

Comment

Originally posted by RedSauce View Post
      If you don't want to pay for tv, download the TVCatchup app
      I don't mind paying, I just don't want to watch it.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Spent a week in hospital a few years back with a busted ankle. Was the worst experience of my life.

There was a guy at the end of the ward who never stopped talking, even if there was no-one to talk to, he just kept going on and on, morning noon and night.

then there was the guy in the bed next to me who used to tulip his pants at least 4 times a day. I thinnk he was embarressed about asking the nurses to help him go for a tulip so he just did it in bed and waited for them to notice and clean him up.

The guy on the other side of me used to attack the nurses at every opportunity, so therey used to be 4 or 5 of them who had to restrain him every time they took his blood pressure etc.

Whenever my older relatives were ill and were complaining that they didn't want to go to hospital, I always thought they were just a bit doddery and hospital would be the best place for them. I can see there point now.

My advice, get some ear plugs and a sleep mask and try to sleep as much as possible.
        If at first you don't succeed... skydiving is not for you!

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigD View Post
          Spent a week in hospital a few years back with a busted ankle. Was the worst experience of my life.

There was a guy at the end of the ward who never stopped talking, even if there was no-one to talk to, he just kept going on and on, morning noon and night.

then there was the guy in the bed next to me who used to tulip his pants at least 4 times a day. I thinnk he was embarressed about asking the nurses to help him go for a tulip so he just did it in bed and waited for them to notice and clean him up.

The guy on the other side of me used to attack the nurses at every opportunity, so therey used to be 4 or 5 of them who had to restrain him every time they took his blood pressure etc.
          So CUK was good training.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigD View Post

Whenever my older relatives were ill and were complaining that they didn't want to go to hospital, I always thought they were just a bit doddery and hospital would be the best place for them. I can see there point now.

My advice, get some ear plugs and a sleep mask and try to sleep as much as possible.
            Yeah that's pretty much what it's like. Been here a week now, got ear plugs, luckily I'm weak enough I just pass out quite a lot.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

My Missus was on one of those kinds of wards last year when she had complications from gallstones.

It was mixed too. Not nice.

Hope you are out of there soon.

Comment

I was in hospital for 5 months once, in a 4 bed ward which was primarily young blokes (car and motorbike accidents) and so wasn't too bad except for the pain and accompanying ailments. However the worst period was when I had an old boy next to me for a few weeks who used to do the most long drawn out stinkiest tulips, with matching sound effects, and when you're in traction in bed so can't move it was quite possibly some of the most uncomfortable times I have ever had...
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  Yeah that's pretty much what it's like. Been here a week now, got ear plugs, luckily I'm weak enough I just pass out quite a lot.
                  Why are you not private???
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Why are you not private???
                    Never considered it. I've always been pretty healthy, didn't see the point. I'd have ended up in the same theatre anyway I expect.

Comment

TBH, if you're in for more than a couple of days, it could get a bit lonely in a private room.

Comment

Working...
                      X