• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Road Rage!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would have rammed him off the road, then reported him for attempted murder. He could have killed you. Wish you had got his reg and posted it on here.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      This is like trying to debate with OH. He has not said he was speeding, you just keep repeating it.

Unless you know something we don't... were you the car in front?

Regardless, our road laws do not work by vigilante justice. If someone is speeding to overtake you, the safe thing is to get out of their way not jump in front of them... if they are a dangerous driver they might pile into you since they're not paying attention. You never know, they might have winter tyres on only two wheels and be unable to slow down...

Report them if you must but do not drive dangerously yourself - pulling out to block them is as illegal as speeding.
      Other driver was a twat true.
      I've asked Badger if he was speeding but he didn't answer which makes me suspect he was.
      I'm wondering if the other guy got provoked by that, wrong though it may be.
      Last edited by sasguru; 5 December 2013, 09:59.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
        I would have rammed him off the road, then reported him for attempted murder. He could have killed you. Wish you had got his reg and posted it on here.
        Yeah that would have worked
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Because they have meaningless little lives and no influence on their surroundings, whether at work or at home or in traffic. Accept that and be glad that your own life is better.

you're right Mich

simple as

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
            I almost did by him pulling out on me.....

Comment

Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
              Could not believe this rant rant rant rant....
              You have my sympathies.

Next time get a dash cam (only £40 or so) so you can shame him on youtube. And send me the link

It is for this reason that if I am stuck behind a slow driver I never tailgate because it might give him the impression I am a road hog. To be stuck behind a slow car without him suspecting, and then overtaking when he's least expecting. Double the speed limit for a couple of seconds (if safe), followed by the satisfaction of being angrily flashed by him as I disappear off into the distance

Comment

Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
                I almost did by him pulling out on me.....
                So were you speeding?
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  I've asked Badger if he was speeding but he didn't answer which makes me suspect he was.
                  I'm wondering if the other guy got provoked by that, wrong though it may be.
                  If someone speeds that's their choice and it's not up to self-appointed vigilantes to try to stop them. What a dick.

For all the lead car knew, badger could have been rushing to a real emergency

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
                    You have my sympathies.

Next time get a dash cam (only £40 or so) so you can shame him on youtube. And send me the link

It is for this reason that if I am stuck behind a slow driver I never tailgate because it might give him the impression I am a road hog. To be stuck behind a slow car without him suspecting, and then overtaking when he's least expecting. Double the speed limit for a couple of seconds (if safe), followed by the satisfaction of being angrily flashed by him as I disappear off into the distance

And then drive at half his speed in front of him.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                      If someone speeds that's their choice and it's not up to self-appointed vigilantes to try to stop them. What a dick.

For all the lead car knew, badger could have been rushing to a real emergency
                      We've already agreed that the other driver was a dick.
                      But I can't stand drivers who speed.
                      Or drivers who use their mobile phones while driving.
                      The laws are there for a reason.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X