• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cocktail Recipes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    Well, I'm going to take GF#1 to Foxlow's before the GrubClub if that's any consolation?

Not acceptable!

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post

Ok, yup, guilty as charged. I've been really letting the GrubClub side down. I even had a MaccyDs the other day! I quite enjoyed it

Well, I'm going to take GF#1 to Foxlow's before the GrubClub if that's any consolation?
      Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Mmmmm, maccyDs...
      Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      A McD burger goes quite well with a fine single malt, if you are a fan of juxtaposition.
      Heretics, the lot of you, burn them, burn them!
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        Heretics, the lot of you, burn them, burn them!
        Yes, with dry bundles!
        But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Get yourself the Larousse book of cocktails, I've been working my way through that slowly.

Though my faves are a vodka martini or a negroni atm.
          I'll keep my out for it - cheers. I've been making my Negronis with Aperol which in fact makes them a Raultini but they're very nice all the same.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
            I'm really into making cocktails at the moment. Not the syrupy concoctions you get at most bars or from "mixes", but properly balanced drinks you make from scratch.

I spent a couple of hundred quid on ingredients above and beyond what is normally in my drinks cabinet and I've been working my way through the International Bartender's Official List. I've been trying to make them as perfect as possible. Tonight I'm making Pisco Sours.

Does anyone have any favourite cocktail recipes they'd like to share?
            I did this about a year ago. Invited friends around and said that's the ingredients Let's experiment.

Cocktail that was voted best of the night was invented by a friend of a friend who was only 18...

Get half a can of lager and shake in the shaker it so it goes flat.

Add ice grand marnier vodka and orange juice and reshake. The might have been a touch of fresh ginger added too.

Tastes much better than you'd think and is well balanced.

You've got 1 of your 5 a day in there and no sugar water.

Taste a bit like that Blue Moon wheat beer you get witha slice of orange.
            Signed sealed and delivered.

Comment

Found this in my travels. Plus found some good vintage books on eBay.com.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                Found this in my travels. Plus found some good vintage books on eBay.com.
                Arrrrgggghhh, I can hear my liver screaming, you barsteward

Winter Martini Mmmmmm!

Which vintage books?
                Last edited by norrahe; 4 December 2013, 20:59.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Arrrrgggghhh, I can hear my liver screaming, you barsteward

Winter Martini Mmmmmm!

Which vintage books?
                  The Old Waldorf Astoria Bar Book is on it's way. As is The Craft of the Cocktail by Dale DeGroff.

There are a few others I like the look of based on the top 20 cocktail books list at Diffords but I'll work with what I have for now!

I second the Winter Martini.

Comment

Currently drinking a truly horrible concoction called a Zombie that daughter ordered and hated. She's got my nice Tequila Sunrise...

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      Currently drinking a truly horrible concoction called a Zombie that daughter ordered and hated. She's got my nice Tequila Sunrise...
                      Got back from the ould sod ( after a weekend of funeral related stuff) and asked Mr N to make me a Puca which is a vesper with vodka, genever, lillet and lemon juice, followed it up with a negroni and finished with a rhutini ( martini with vodka and rharbarcello).

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X