• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The so called UK economic recovery

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible for every country on the planet to export more than they import?

If the answer to the question is no then obviously there will always be some countires in 'recession' so do we take the stance that as long as it is not the UK that is fine?

Or do we take the stance that it is not fine and so we help every single country in the world to export more than they import. But logic states this cannot be correct as that would mean every single country has a growing economoy.

Taking that logic a step further it means if the global economy is to grow then globally we must export more than we import... so have we found the little green men then?

Any one got any answers?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

Any one got any answers?
      Yeah, find out the difference between a balance of payments defecit and a recession.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        Yeah, find out the difference between a balance of payments defecit and a recession.
        Economic threads on CUK always make me chuckle, with most posters only proving why IT people don't have much respect generally. It's a case of a little intelligence is a dangerous thing.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Economic threads on CUK always make me chuckle, with most posters only proving why IT people don't have much respect generally. It's a case of a little intelligence is a dangerous thing.
          The important thing is to set the standard for the week early on.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            But everyone is saying that to get out of the recession we need to export more than we import...

or are they lying?

are you lying?

is the actual truth no one has a fookin clue?

hmm?

Comment

But everyone is saying that to get out of the recession we need to export more than we import...

or are they lying?

are you lying?

hmm?
              They might be right, but a recession is when the economy is contracting I.e. GDP is going down. A negative balance of payments doesn't mean we're in recession or vice versa.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

A recession is when agency margins fall below 20%
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I think that this is actually closest to the truth - well, at least for me it is!
                  "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    A recession is when agency margins fall below 20%
                    That is an economic meltdown, my friend. However I have hedged against this by shorting Brylcreem.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      That is an economic meltdown, my friend. However I have hedged against this by shorting Brylcreem.
                      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                      X