• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Whites only flights!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chico
    I wonder how that experiment turned out?
    It turned out pretty well - 85% of Russian populations are atheists, even though the Govt tries to show it otherwise as the Church is a complete sell out to existing Govt, be it Kings, Presidents or anyone else: the Church is so used to manipulating many minds that it made sense for them to sell such service to the highest bidder - whoever is in power.

Interesting that communists kept a number of churches - they realised that its better to make sure priests are working for KGB, so that they can report all confessions, very efficient mechanism, don't you think Chico? Make sure you wash your hands well before going to bed - blood of the millions is on them.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
      It turned out pretty well - 85% of Russian populations are atheists, even though the Govt tries to show it otherwise as the Church is a complete sell out to existing Govt, be it Kings, Presidents or anyone else: the Church is so used to manipulating many minds that it made sense for them to sell such service to the highest bidder - whoever is in power.

Interesting that communists kept a number of churches - they realised that its better to make sure priests are working for KGB, so that they can report all confessions, very efficient mechanism, don't you think Chico? Make sure you wash your hands well before going to bed - blood of the millions is on them.
      Well I do not think it turned out too well for the millions the communists murdered!!!
      Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Communists are like you Chico - they murdered in the name of religion: their own, that's why they cracked down on Ortodox Church because they did not need competition to fool people's minds! I hate communism, but you are no different from them - your church uses people's moments of weakness to recruit them and ruin their lifes.

The blood of Giordano Bruno is on your hands Chico.

Comment

atw - a note...never confuse the hand of man and what he has done in the name of 'religion' [spit] with the profound utterances of the old and new testaments...the two are light years apart

Comment

I have not read them, though I am aware of what they are about as well as that they were carefully edited centuries later by humans who obviously wanted nice polished story to support their business model.

As I said before I was neutral towards religion for a long time - I don't believe in that non-sense (though its possible that what was described (like Jesus walking over water) actually took place, but this was just higher level of technology), but recently I noticed how religion is going through new reneussance (sp?) that is beginning to affect me: this includes suicide bombers who believe in 70 virgins, to those manipulative clerics who converted my friend into chrstianity when she was crying over her dad's body when he was in church (he converted before that and died from accident), this kind of crap makes my blood boil and I do not see any other way to stop it apart from tackling underlieing issue: there is no God - no Allah, no Christ, no Buddha no Xenu no nothing of the kind described in Bible/Tora/Koran, and as soon as lunatics who believe in it understand simple truth that their life here is the one and only, this world will become a much better place.

Comment

I am just watching that documentary about the catholic church - 'Father Ted'. Scary stuff indeed....

P.S can anyone imagine a time in the future where it would be possible to make such a series about islam....?
              Vieze Oude Man

Comment

"I am aware of what they are about" - in that case i doubt it

Comment

ok scots, you obviously read those books, tell me the most important things written in them that would make it patently obvious that I am wrong.

Perhaps ancient scriptures explain how this universe came about with billions of stars that are so far away that supposed time the humanity was created by God is like a sand grain on a beach.

Comment

wrong place and time atw. i spent years studying them to satisfy myself...if you are seriously interested, you'll find/be given the chance...

Comment

What was your conclusion scots?

Comment

Working...
                      X