• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

recommended "4th" emergency service?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AA, cos I have two cars. But then they're both japanese...

I've called them a couple of times over the years and they've always been great.

Don't ever ever get car insurance off them though.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

We're with the RAC and the only time we have had to call them was when we had a blow out on the way to catch a plane at 4 on a cold february morning ... and realised that there was no jack in the car .... they turned up super quick, contacted the airport to let them know that we were on our way etc... brilliant.

Comment

Car broke down on the motorway while working in Holland, wasn’t covered but I phoned the ANWB. They came out on the understanding that I would join them the same day. Sorted. (£75 for one year Europe wide!)

I been let down badly twice by the RAC, at one time it took them over a day and a half to come out. I had a Green Flag freebie membership; the guy could not solve the electrical problem and then towed me back home. When I got home I sorted it within five minutes.

AA, no problem, at one time they even gave me a lift into work (a twenty mile diversion) when they took my Ford (Fix Or Repair Daily) car under warranty back to the dealer.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

If my time machine breaks down I just build a new one.

/Threaded

Comment

AAA (the yank version)
            Managed to lock my keys in the hire car(Buick Regal), 30mins before I was due at a wedding.
            Phoned AAA, 10 mins later they turn up. He gets out his breaking into car key and takes 30secs to get in and no charge, even refused the $20 I offered.
            Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Don't know about the others, but I have had the misfortune to need to call the AA several times over the last few years, always excellent service.
              Boom boom boom boom
              A-haw haw haw haw
              Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm
              Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm

Comment

I recall the first time I called out the AA.

Was replacing a rear bulb on a Citroen and I broke the end off the single plastic hook that held the whole light cluster housing in place. I was in office car park and it was starting to get dark. Guy got out a soldering iron, burnt a hole through the remains of the arm, then threaded some spare wire through and tied the other end to a bolt on the side of the boot. The repair lasted until I sold the car some years later.

Comment

Working...
                X