• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has London completely failed as a place for people to live?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    As more and more details come out I'm horrified about the conditions those poor woman were kept in. How is it for 30 years no one in the neighbourhood knew?

Consumerism, greed, corruption, crime, hardship the city is swimming in it with a few living on the top of others.
    Do you think judging a city based on an individual case is an intelligent argument?

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
      Do you think judging a city based on an individual case is an intelligent argument?
      He does.

I've always known my neighbours in London.

What I know if they were slaves - not if they didn't tell me anything was wrong.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

As more and more details come out I'm horrified about the conditions those poor woman were kept in. How is it for 30 years no one in the neighbourhood knew?

Consumerism, greed, corruption, crime, hardship the city is swimming in it with a few living on the top of others.
        Well stay out of it then and let the rest of us who love it enjoy it. You might like to consider where all the money is made that supports all you poor people in the North before you start whining about greed
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

A classic example of taking an event and shifting its context into supporting another agenda.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by RedSauce View Post
            Your beloved Edinburgh is a lot better:

Child 'sex slaves' in Edinburgh
            The mind boggles what you search to get that link. Except a knock knock on the door from 'the agency'.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
              I make an exception for this city.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                Well stay out of it then and let the rest of us who love it enjoy it. You might like to consider where all the money is made that supports all you poor people in the North before you start whining about greed
                Remind me how many billions of loans the other sixty million of us have to pay in taxes to save this money making wonder?

Comment

The mind boggles what you search to get that link. Except a knock knock on the door from 'the agency'.
                  "Edinburgh"

Comment

Remind me how many billions of loans the other sixty million of us have to pay in taxes to save this money making wonder?

Its kept you and your friends in meths and alcohol for the past 20 years

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                      Its kept you and your friends in meths and buckfast for the past 20 years
                      FIFY

from one who knows

Comment

Working...
                      X