• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ashes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's been hilarious watching the Aussies whine and whinge during the last few Ashes series. All those miserable years when England couldn't put together a half decent innings, all those years when Aussies mercilessly mocked and taunted English cricketers (sometimes justifiably), and now look at them. They get beaten and all they can do is whinge and whine and blame the umpires, blame the opposition for using the same tactics as they've done for decades, shout insults at players and still get beaten. I'd suggest the lot of them shut up and get in the nets for some practice; it's worked for England.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      I think it's been hilarious watching the Aussies whine and whinge during the last few Ashes series. All those miserable years when England couldn't put together a half decent innings, all those years when Aussies mercilessly mocked and taunted English cricketers (sometimes justifiably), and now look at them. They get beaten and all they can do is whinge and whine and blame the umpires, blame the opposition for using the same tactics as they've done for decades, shout insults at players and still get beaten. I'd suggest the lot of them shut up and get in the nets for some practice; it's worked for England.
      Best thing I have read online.........today

Comment

Broad has a long history of time wasting and generally being a sour faced little arse, but other than that he had a bit of a lucky day, batsmen getting themselves out for him.

If I was England I would be concerned, you could not convert a match winning situation and the other bowlers looked really poor. Australia's bowling line up is stronger ad that will show out over the course of the series.

Comment

Australian cricketers never cheat.
          Never. Absolutely never.

There were two people at fault for Broad not walking - umpire Aleem Dar (who didn't give it out) and Michael Clarke (who had wasted his two reviews to try to blag a wicket so couldn't refer a glaring error).
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
            Never. Absolutely never.

There were two people at fault for Broad not walking - umpire Aleem Dar (who didn't give it out) and Michael Clarke (who had wasted his two reviews to try to blag a wicket so couldn't refer a glaring error).
            No, no, no, we should be much happier with them blaming Broad;

Profiling of Broad by the team psychologist revealed he is one of three players in the team who feeds off abuse.
            Ashes 2013-14: Stuart Broad carries Courier Mail into press conference and says England are 'silent assassins' - Telegraph

Comment

No, no, no, we should be much happier with them blaming Broad;
              I am

It's kind of like the "you guys are history" Devon Malcolm v South Africa idea.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
                I am

It's kind of like the "you guys are history" Devon Malcolm v South Africa idea.
                That was hilarious. Apparently at the time Nelson Mandela was laughing his head off too and arranged to meet Devon Malcolm the next year to congratulate him.

I faced an over of bowling from him in a charity match for a kiddies charity once. Needless to say I didn't stand much chance and on the sixth ball an invisible object smashed my stumps apart. I was awarded a four though; one of his deliveries caught my pad and went past leg boundary, and it was so bloody quick the umpire didn't see it hit my leg instead of my bat. Bloody hell that man was fast. Delightful guy, no arrogance or conceit at all and cheerfully spent about an hour and a half in the nets with a couple of us students and amateurs afterwards helping us to bowl faster. There are only a few sportsmen at that standard who are inclined to do that. I think he sells nets now; if they'll stop his bowling they must be pretty decent quality.

I think he still plays for Phil Tufnell's charity side. Words of advice; don't bother. He might be getting old now, but don't tempt fate.
                Last edited by Mich the Tester; 21 November 2013, 10:36.

Comment

Ashes

So tonight, how about Australia all out for 312 and England close on 245/4 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Misterfox View Post
                    So tonight, how about Australia all out for 312 and England close on 245/4 ?
                    Or England collapse and lose 6 wickets for 9 runs?
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Oh dear.

I think this thread needs to come back to front page.

Comment

Working...
                      X