• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sarah Palin critical of the Pope for not being enough of an extremist nutjob

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by masonryan View Post
    Who would listen to someone who admits they don't know anything?
    Plato?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Well Plato said there were 3, then Leibniz came along and said there were 5, but Schopenhauer said there were 4.

See, they kind of change when really really brainy people think about them.
      The majority of logical thought is from the past 150 years. So obviously it's something which has never changed.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Oh dear. If we don't know what those absolute laws are, how can science be underpinned by them?
        you don't know what they are, you don't know anything, remember?

Comment

Come back d000hg all is forgiven. At least he was able to express the nonsense he believes in.
          "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
            Galileo affair - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Science flourished despite of religion not because of it.
            Modern science was founded by Christians. Galileo wasn't completely correct in his theories, not that you'd know that.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              Nobody blindly "trusts science to be correct". They compare predictions with reality and see if they match. Theories are (partially) trusted because they make accurate & useful predictions, and even then there is room for doubt and improvement.
              Well you do if you don't accept the absolute laws of logic

Comment

So educate us all, then - exactly which four fundamental laws of logic are you referring to? What are they and why do you think they haven't changed?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
                  So educate us all, then - exactly which four fundamental laws of logic are you referring to? What are they and why do you think they haven't changed?
                  It's a pleasure educating you all. Google them, then get back to me.

Comment

I remember.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
                      Come back d000hg all is forgiven. At least he was able to express the nonsense he believes in.
                      That's because he combines his religious faith with an understanding of science, as some people manage to do; he believes lots of things, only some of which seem to the rest of us to be nonsense.
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X