• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Getting rich

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I'm off tomorrow. Expect a whinging about jetlag thread. And a whinging about Americans thread. And a whinging about work thread.
    FTFY

Comment

I'm gonna be sat in my y-fronts alone tomorrow. Expect the usual fantasist bollocks I spout.
      FTFY
      Last edited by SimonMac; 12 October 2013, 16:15.
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            Good luck!

Yeah, but as you're not on the same plane with your flatulence problem I think we may make it.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Yeah, but as you're not on the same plane with your flatulence problem I think we may make it.
              Its a bit rich saying I am full of hot air coming from you

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                She's not allowed to charge for that!
                I can assure you that is untrue. She just doesn't charge very much.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  Following the RM fiasco, I've got a shade under 5k in cash sitting in a stocks and shares ISA.

I could just return it to my negligible interest savings account, but wouldn't mind giving the investment thing a go.

So what's a good idea for a beginner? Managed fund? FTSE 100 tracker? Individual shares?

Thinking a mixture - perhaps 2K FTSE 100 tracker, 1K BP shares (or Vodafone?), and the rest in a managed fund?

Haven't a clue what I'm doing - just want to make sure that the above doesn't sound really stupid...
                  Buy some shares in a recruitment agency
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

This is where I would put money at the moment: an all-Europe (including UK) index tracker.

https://www.vanguard.co.uk/documents...-ucits-etf.pdf

Comment

I'm leaving my money in a cash isa. thank you all very much.
                      (\__/)
                      (>'.'<)
                      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                      X