• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business Bank Account Refused Again Grrrrr

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course ATW. And to say hoorah when the King comes on the television.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
      Sounds like your whole family is dodgy, I hope you will teach your child only good things, ie pay taxes on time and in full without using _any_ tax minimsation schemes?
      Any?
      One of my favourite analogies is, if you were mugged walking home each day but the mugger only took half your pay to make sure that you could still eat to live and work and therefore continue to get mugged, wouldn't you choose a different route home after a while?

Second favourite is from case law - if there is a free road and a toll road, no man is obliged to take the toll road.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian
        Any?
        One of my favourite analogies is, if you were mugged walking home each day but the mugger only took half your pay to make sure that you could still eat to live and work and therefore continue to get mugged, wouldn't you choose a different route home after a while?

Second favourite is from case law - if there is a free road and a toll road, no man is obliged to take the toll road.
        Hmm. Your analogies are pretty dodgy too. I could rework them but it's probably not worth the trouble, however:

1. If the football club kept taking money from you every time you went through the turnstile, wouldn't you start looking for another way in after a while?

2. If there is a free road and a toll road, is any man obliged to pay the toll just because he uses the toll road?

You probably don't see yourself in these analogies, but I do. You can bet HMRC do.

Comment

Originally posted by Helios
          What possible loss could it be to a bank to give someone a business account, without an overdraft, just so i can take payments from agencies?
          Why do you want to know?

Comment

Lighten up meridian - it was sarcasm...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
              Sounds like you are practising Englishness in preparation for the citizenship test.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                Sorry AtW, must have missed the smileys

Comment

I was originally refused by HBOS, Abbey, HSBC. But RBS were fine with me. They didn't do any credit checks. lucky me. And I managed to negotiate a credit card without the personal guarantee - mind you it has a low limit. But I've never used more than £200 of it at one time so what do I care?

Give them a try.
                  McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                  Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Hiya. Thanks for the advice lile. I am now trying RBS. I dont care about credit card or overdraft and stuff. I just want an account to pass paymenys from agencies.

Banks can be so lame. All I applied for was the equivilant of a halifax cardcash account with not overdraft or anything, just in the name of my ltd co.

As for who ever talked about me not paying back the hsbc that I owe. I have been paying them back for two years. Recently sold a item on ebay through paypal that will pay off the debt.

Comment

Working...
                    X