• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bad agents: your response?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by evilagent View Post
    When claiming data breach, just make sure the CV that was irresponsibly passed onto a clientco without your permission, isn't the same CV you post on job-boards to be viewed by all and sundry.
    Remember that when a pimp calls you up with a plum of a gig out of the blue, chances are your CV was picked up by them.

"It's guys like you, Mickey! ....."
    I don't think where the agent got the cv from matters.

It's the act of passing the cv which he as issues with. Ie the agent is "introducing" him to the end client and claiming dibs on any resulting commission. The original poster may have wanted to go direct to said client.

Edit. Just noticed you were making a point specifically about a data breach. So the above doesn't apply.
    "You can't climb the ladder of success, with your hands in the pockets"
    Arnold Schwarzenegger

Comment

Originally posted by No2politics View Post
      I don't think where the agent got the cv from matters.

It's the act of passing the cv which he as issues with. Ie the agent is "introducing" him to the end client and claiming dibs on any resulting commission. The original poster may have wanted to go direct to said client.

Edit. Just noticed you were making a point specifically about a data breach. So the above doesn't apply.
      Actually I agree.
      Good point about getting dibs unfairly.

Hey Metal Mickey!

Comment

Are you a man or a mouse Mickey?
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          Are you a man or a mouse Mickey?
          Now you're just taking the ....

piss.

(see what I did there?)

Comment

Working...
          X