• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can we have a government shutdown as well?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    WHS and when the money's up, it's up. I'd add that the BoE should never hand government more than 95% of the revenues to ensure a reserve is built up, possibly in a Norwegian style sovereign wealth fund. I think the time has come to seperate the buggerers from the spunkers.
    FTFY
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

It's the poor who are ruining this country because they earn too much.
      <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Volunteers are replacing paid workers at an alarming rate.
        My last gig was putting in a Citrix desktop for a local authority so that anyone (read: unpaid volunteers) could access it from any device anywhere.

I think this is getting rolled out across more govt departments.

The pushback from the permies for anything to do with this project was unbelievable. I suppose to them it was like helping dig their own graves...
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Volunteers are replacing paid workers at an alarming rate.
          Maybe MPs should be volunteers? Volunteering to help your country, I mean how patriotic is that?
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
            It's the poor who are ruining this country because they earn too much.
            There's an element of truth in this: in Germany exporters have prospered at the expense of capping workers pay, with the result that for the first time in Germany poverty and income inequality is increasing even as the country's stats show it doing well.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              Maybe MPs should be volunteers? Volunteering to help your country, I mean how patriotic is that?
              I think in the past they were unpaid and did this through what they thought was best for their country. Their experience in the real world, the lessons learnt (uuurgh, hate that phrase).

Now we have these bunch of lawyers, privileged and career parasites that think only of themselves and pay the piper to sit and nurture within the belly of the beast.

Hideous scum the lot of them.
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Would we notice?

Comment

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
                  Would we notice?
                  Sooner than many think.
                  <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Working...
                  X