• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IPCC Bungling Twerps

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Fair enough. When he stops the ranting and generalisations that sell newspapers and makes specific points I may be able to counter them.
    In other words making a counter argument of any sort is beyond you
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
      FTFY
      So you're saying the group of scientists from various countries that comprise the IPCC don't know what science is?
      Have you any evidence for that or are you just being (yet another <<sigh>>) cretin.?
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        In other words making a counter argument of any sort is beyond you
        I can't make a counter argument to a rant, no.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

So you're saying the group of scientists from various countries that comprise the IPCC don't know what science is?
          Have you any evidence for that or are you just being (yet another <<sigh>>) cretin.?
          Have you any evidence that they do ?
          Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

I can't make a counter argument to a rant, no.
            Give this one a go:

a pre-announcement to the effect that “climate scientists” are now “95 per cent certain” that humans are to blame for climate change; an evidence-free declaration

Is this indeed spin or is there some hard evidence to support it?
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Okay, scratch 'unsubstatiated', substitute 'wrong'.

James Delingtool:
              At the heart of the problem lie the computer models which, for 25 years, have formed the basis for the IPCC’s scaremongering: they predicted runaway global warming, when the real rise in temperatures has been much more modest. So modest, indeed, that it has fallen outside the lowest parameters of the IPCC’s prediction range
              Nope:

He's just writing an opnion blog, most of his 'facts' aren't actually, you know, true.
              My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Whats this got to do with the Independent Police Complaints Commission
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  Give this one a go:

a pre-announcement to the effect that “climate scientists” are now “95 per cent certain” that humans are to blame for climate change; an evidence-free declaration

The IPCC lay out their evidence carefully here

IPCC - Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change

Now Delingpole has already admitted he hasn't read the primary sources (when challenged on this he claimed to have been "intellectually raped" - personally I think it's probably easy to rape an intellectual virgin ).
                  So unless he has specific items in that report he disagrees with and details, I would say he's talking bollux, wouldn't you?

BTW All this should be obvious to you. Unless you're JAC*

*Just Another Cretin, a handy acronym for CUK.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

The report (AR5) is about to be published abd has been widely leaked. Previous one is here

Contribution of Working Group I to the Fourth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, 2007

Chapter Nine is the one you want..
                    My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
                      Okay, scratch 'unsubstatiated', substitute 'wrong'.

James Delingtool:

Nope:

He's just writing an opnion blog, most of his 'facts' aren't actually, you know, true.
                      Let us assume that these are accurate. What do they tell us? Is the planet warming more than is desirable? Is it a cyclical phenomenon? Is it man made? If it is does it matter? If we spend vast fortunes on reducing carbon output will it make any difference? - in other words can we make a difference?

Comment

Working...
                      X