• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

C# test - no googling

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Yes the compiler assigns the number as integers, because there is no + operator on a short! Then of course the implicit conversion of an int to a short fails at compile time.
    That's just plain stoopid.

It'll work in C. Should have called it Cb obviously.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Have you tried turning it off and on again?
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        You are close.

Yes the compiler assigns the number as integers, because there is no + operator on a short! Then of course the implicit conversion of an int to a short fails at compile time.
        I am sure that works the same in java although I really can't be arsed opening up an editor and testing it.

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
          Maybe the compiler infers the type of "x + y" to be an int since it could overflow a short. Then youd have to cast that explicitly to a short to assign to "z".
          That would make sense if int+int = long as well. But it doesn't.

Comment

The only shorts I'm interested in are served in a small glass or worn by a half-naked lady...

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              I am sure that works the same in java although I really can't be arsed opening up an editor and testing it.
              Yep. A shortcut would be z = x += y, no pun intended.

Comment

What a stupid design.

Principle of least astonishment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
                  The only shorts I'm interested in are served in a small glass or worn by a half-naked lady...
                  You need to have your mouth cleaned...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    You need to have your mouth cleaned...
                    That won't be possible. You know the listerine dragon clifford, I made him swallow his own fire, and he cooked himself

Comment

Working...
                    X