• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Airport Lounge Access: Best Way?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok,

most major airports I have been to

is that better

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
      ok,

most major airports I have been to

is that better

Milan.
      You can't be very well travelled then.

Comment

compared to others probably not

everything in moderation

Milan.

Comment

Amex Platinum Card. £300 per year membership.
          Free Priority Pass for you and your partner.
          Free World Wide travel insurance.

Other concierge benefits like free upgrade on ca hire, late checkout on hotel rooms and other such stuff.

Comment

In the UK, a Diners Club card gets you access to the Servisair lounges at Glasgow, Heathrow and Manchester airports (as long as you have a flight ticket of course).

In the US it's even more tulipey and only gets you into the Club America lounge at Miami and the Northwest lounge at Newark.

Not sure what access it gets you on the continent. Up to you whether it's worth the £50 annual fee or not.

Comment

In the good old days before loads of security you could rollup 15 mins before without luggage and virtually walk straight on. These days on long hall-flights, I arrive early and if convenient get a taxi to the nearest decent restaurant or entertainment spot outside the airport.
              HEALTH WARNING. IT Can Damage your Health. Free Advice. Advice in the forum is the £9,995 version. By reading the health warning you are agreeing to the terms and conditions. Advice maybe bad as well as good. 24 months interest free. Your home is at risk if you don’t keep up payments. Advice limited to availability.

Comment

Anyway, what are we all talking about? Surely as contractors we all have AMEX Centurion cards anyway. Membership fee £2,500 pa and gives complimentary flight upgrades.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
                  Anyway, what are we all talking about? Surely as contractors we all have AMEX Centurion cards anyway. Membership fee £2,500 pa and gives complimentary flight upgrades.
                  What’s an upgrade on Easyjet, a seat that’s had the previous ocupant’s rubbish removed?
                  HEALTH WARNING. IT Can Damage your Health. Free Advice. Advice in the forum is the £9,995 version. By reading the health warning you are agreeing to the terms and conditions. Advice maybe bad as well as good. 24 months interest free. Your home is at risk if you don’t keep up payments. Advice limited to availability.

Comment

I am considering the amex platinum (300) or the egg credit card which gives a 50% rebate on lounge access. So most access will be less than a tenner.

Thing is I can't charge lounge access to expenses but I can charge a restaurant meal, drinks. So if the airport has a decent restaurant, even something like the brasserie place in Schiphol, I'm happy to miss the lounge.

Comment

Originally posted by DieScum
                      I am considering the amex platinum (300) or the egg credit card which gives a 50% rebate on lounge access. So most access will be less than a tenner.
                      Ive got the old Amex Platinum and get in to the priority pass lounges (which are basically the same lounges as the serviceair and co lounges etc.

Last year the missus could only get in if I was around BUT this year Amex sent her own priority pass card (as she hangs off my card).

Only problem is if you only use the priority pass part of the amex suite of "benefits" then you are paying way over the top.

Then again I only fly business class for work so get lounge access anyway.

Mailman

Comment

Working...
                      X