• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Royal Mail float

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The govt has to make sure the share price is attractive and goes up in the short term. And will encourage lots of small investors rather than higher value investments as per the 80's. So IMO will be able to make a very small amount & then bail before it all goes completely pear shaped.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      The union is there to protect the workers from stupid management decisions some of which have been very stupid.
      Give some examples please of those stupid decisions.

Comment

Well the offer is now open, minimum stake is £750 not gonna go too crazy but think £5k and forget about it then hope to see out the CWU strikes before hitting it big
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          Well the offer is now open, minimum stake is £750 not gonna go too crazy but think £5k and forget about it then hope to see out the CWU strikes before hitting it big
          Sounds like a plan. Never done this before (never had any money before!) - where do I start?

Comment

I requested a massive £1k, via H&L as I have my SIPP there. This will be separate, not part of SIPP, so now just have to wait and see if I get any....
            latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Sounds like a plan. Never done this before (never had any money before!) - where do I start?
              Do you want it in a pension, ISA or just the shares?

My SIPP is with Hargreaves Lansdown so putting it in that wrapper

Royal Mail Share Offer | Royal Mail Prospectus Now Available
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I haven't used up my Stocks and Shares ISA allowance this year. Any issues keeping them in that?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  Me neither, I have about 3k under my isa allowance available

Comment

ISA sounds good - haven't done the stocks/shares thing before.

Comment

Advice here What to do if you want to take delivery of Royal Mail shares | This is Money

Comment

Working...
                      X