• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Windows 8

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    It's not another Vista. Vista was a total disaster.
    Ballmer survived Vista, but not Windows 8...

Comment

I'm still at this level, another few years and I might work out a windowed GUI:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        Again, not arguing it from a dumb user perspective. Just pointing out that technically it's actually ok to use and marginally better than Windows 7.
        It's the perception that matters - Vista was slagged off so it got known as tulip - that prevented sales effectively because people did not want to buy something that became known as tulip. Same as Windows 8 - perception became reality.

Win 8 kernel is actually better and with Metro switched off using Classic shell it's ok.

Comment

Originally posted by kingcook View Post
          I didn't expect that. Apology accepted
          You two! Could you keep these husband/wife quality moments for yourselves please?
          <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            It's the perception that matters - Vista was slagged off so it got known as tulip - that prevented sales effectively because people did not want to buy something that became known as tulip. Same as Windows 8 - perception became reality.

Win 8 kernel is actually better and with Metro switched off using Classic shell it's ok.
            Your definitely right, perception does matter, sometimes over substance.

Comment

I agree re Vista - had to buy a new laptop a while back (before windows 7 n 8) only one available has Vista on it....

it worked just fine - had some random stuff that was pointless but it was no worse than xp.

which when I finally get round to 7 and 8 I will probably find the same thing - takes a few days to get used to but once into it it will be fine.

and after 6 months I will want to do something I used to do on Vista/XP not be able to do so and shock horror I will google the answer.

Comment

Working...
              X