• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gutless. The stench of appeasement

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    CMD has gone up massively in my estimation. I'm starting to like him. He's let his MPs vote with their conscience, arguably at the cost of his own political capital, and yeah he's lost the vote, but in doing so he's struck a blow for democracy and he's demonstrated that what happens in the UK still carries some weight on the world stage. Obama has little choice but to follow his lead and ask congress, anything else would be dictatorial. The French won't go it alone, they may even decide to have a vote themselves. That's quite a big influence for the leader of a coalition to have on 3/5 of the permanent members of the UN security council, and it also strengthens the cases for the Falklands & Gibraltar because it shows that when we say the will of the people is sovereign we mean it.

Milliband is a nobody who will come to nothing. A bone fide worthless pleb.
    You worry me.

Firstly you are using reason and logic in your arguments and secondly you are getting to be terribly objective. I am not sure you are cut out for this forum
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Why break the habit of a lifetime?
      Hehe, Anyway I guessed later while having a fag break: "Call Me Dave"
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        Hehe, Anyway I guessed later while having a fag break: "Call Me Dave"
        I received a yellow rep point for the previous post, but that has now turned green.

So what does yellow signify, and why would it change?
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          The US probably fancies its chances at bombing a cease fire out of Assad in a matter of days.

If they can do that then we are going to look like first class idiots.
          I heard today from someone 'in the know' that a British submarine is being deployed to the region. One that just happens to fire cruise missiles......

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
            I heard today from someone 'in the know' .
            In other words you were "PM'd" on CUK
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              In other words you were "PM'd" on CUK
              Not quite old chap.

Comment

Working...
              X