• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Babysitter/Au Pair/Nanny/Childminder

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    I had a nanny for my child when contracting in Eastern Europe. Had to fire 4 of them before we found a suitable one. You have to check on them at unexpected times. Wasn't the most pleasant idea to have someone sitting in your house whilst at work. Locked the main bedroom during the day and found out one managed to get in anyway.
    I had the opposite problem. Locked one in the main bedroom and they managed to get out anyway.....

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Stop imagining scenarios or there'll be another crust stain on your sofa..

You need to find a bird quick
      What makes you assume he's interested in women? For all we know AtW may be known on his local gay scene as the Rampant Russian.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

We've had a nanny for the last ten years, mostly has worked out well.

One odd thing to know first is that pay is quoted net of tax in this market.

We did have one applicant whose CV included that she'd won some county level beauty contests in Ireland. Mrs. Dominic was OK about this, I rejected her directly, anyone who wants me to hire her because of her looks is applying for the wrong job.
        My 12 year old is walking 26 miles for Cardiac Risk in the Young, you can sponsor him here

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          What makes you assume he's interested in women? For all we know AtW may be known on his local gay scene as Ra-Ra skirt Rasputin.
          FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
            goddammnit!
            goddammit.

Comment

Working...
            X