• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My Old Man

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by socialworker View Post
    I had similar issues in that the team manager failed to provide any sort of induction and clearly expected me to just ask the permies everything. Theywere all busy and stressed , I did of course ask them some stuff but found it hard to keep on bothering them However it is presumably this guy's job so my only suggestion is pretend not to notice how stressed he is, bring in a cake or something, offer him a piece andthen ask all bright and breezy for a slot to sit down and discuss what they want you dad to do. The cake bit is rather female I know but it is hard to tell somone to naff off if they have just offered you cake. Even find out what this bloke likes first so he doesnt have the excuse ready to refuse it. If he says he is busy then when would be good time to come back.

IF that doesnt work, asking him straight out if there is some kind of problem might work.

Naturally I am far better at offering advice than doing it myself
    I tried that approach, except I offered him a bowl of semolina with a blob of strawberry jam in the middle. Funny how touchy some people can get when you offer them cold semolina

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by RedSauce View Post
      Tell him not to worry, based on previous incompetency the BA probably won't be there for long
      True, but it's probably worthwhile investing in a mop anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        ..My Dad is convinced he is either wanking or crying in the toilets or possibly both.
        I don't think it is possible to do both.
        I mean I'm always very happy when I'm w.. OK too much information!

Comment

Working...
        X