• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bean to cup

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I bet 999 people in a 1000 can't tell the difference between coffee made by a fancy expensive machine, and that made from a few beans ground up and chucked in a £10 cafetiere from Sainsbury's.
    I don't like to disagree with you Nickeroo, but on this occasion I do! I'm no coffee purist, but I do struggle to find a decent cup.
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      Sorry to hijack but any recommendations for a decent compact grinder?
      try www.coffeeforums.co.uk
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
        Blue Mountain is a great coffee – just be careful you are getting the actual thing, worldwide more coffee is sold a Jamaican Blue Mountain than is actually produced. It is best done in a cafetiere as the flavour is not suited to the high heat of machines
        Coffee fraud (who would have thought) - I hadn't heard of it until last year when my mum brought me some back from Jamaica. When that ran out i bought some from whittard (very expensive) but have just got a lb of it from a friend returning from Jamaica. Unfortuantely it doesn't keep for long.

Comment

Working...
        X