• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Children. Best thing in life

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VectraMan
    Women might have a different slant on that.

It's not suprising that people with kids always seem so miserable. It must be akin to doing 24x7 support, 365 days per year, on an 18 year contract with no ability to get out early. Which wouldn't be so bad if it was you were raking in the cash, but it actually costs you money to do the job.
    Er no!!!

couldn't agree more!
    "Well behaved women rarely make history"

Comment

Childbirth

Someone told me that attending the birth of your child is like watching your favourite pub burn down
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

People with kids will never know what it's like to have no kids, so why do some think they know better and think they will improve my life?!

Having said that, I used to get told all the time that I was missing out because I didn't have kids but one by one my mates that have bred have confessed that they often wish they had never had them... Age 6 or 7 seems to be the age the rot really sets in, though some start regretting much earlier!

They don't seem to admit this regret to other parents, presumably in case they are seen as letting the side down, but the novelty seems to wear off with every new car or property I own...
        Last edited by cameraman; 1 August 2006, 17:42.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
          Mates who had kids used to go it was the greatest achievement in their life.

Trekking across the Himalayas for a month was hard and an achievement. Getting a schooner across to Easter island is an achievement, drinking 24 pints in one day without chucking up is an achievement. Having kids isnt.
          Your mates didn't mean it was their most difficult achievement, but their most satisfying.

I'd agree with them. You might not like wiping their sh1tty @rses or helping them with their school work, but it's great playing with them, watching them develop and trying to guide them in the right directions. They love you unreservedly, and they will be the only significant thing you'll leave behind on this planet when you die.

Of course, allegedly zeit has already left significant things running around on several planets, which is why he is hiding out here from the galactic CSA.

Comment

And no, it doesnt really change your life. My missus snoring keeps me just awake as screaming kids. Nappy changing is a doddle, feeding is a doddle.

We still go out. Shes been all over the country in her first 8 weeks, including abroad.

So is it live changing?
            Hang on a minute, at just 8 weeks old they are just like looking after a pot plant.

You wait until they can move, grab, throw, smash, run-off, have tantrums, disobey, climb, tip and draw on things. That's when the fun starts.
            Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

and they will be the only significant thing you'll leave behind on this planet when you die.
              What's makes them so "significant". Another human out of billions. They have half your DNA, their children a quarter. Within in few generations you are bred out of existence, diluted with the DNA of other random idiots.

Now if you leave behind a new theory of quantum gravity, a new mathematical axiom, or perhaps a play to rival Shakespeare, or start a new relegion to rival Islam, then perhaps it's something to be proud of. But another selfish greedy human amongst billions of others? No big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
                What's makes them so "significant". Another human out of billions. They have half your DNA, their children a quarter. Within in few generations you are bred out of existence, diluted with the DNA of other random idiots.

Now if you leave behind a new theory of quantum gravity, a new mathematical axiom, or perhaps a play to rival Shakespeare, or start a new relegion to rival Islam, then perhaps it's something to be proud of. But another selfish greedy human amongst billions of others? No big deal.
                Agreed, but if I can't claim any of those achievments, who knows, maybe one of my kids will.
                The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by cameraman
                  People with kids will never know what it's like to have no kids,
                  What? Who are these weird people who are born with kids already, and so never know what it's like to have no kids?

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
                    And no, it doesnt really change your life. My missus snoring keeps me just awake as screaming kids. Nappy changing is a doddle, feeding is a doddle.

We still go out. Shes been all over the country in her first 8 weeks, including abroad.

So is it live changing?

No. Its just another hanger on.

Christ sake!
                    you really are a beginner............It's a piece of piss to be a Father, but it takes hard work to be a Dad.
                    People like you shouldn't be alowed to have Children, She might as well be a certificate to say that you actually got to shag someone once....
                    I would put money on the fact that you probably won't be around for her on her 18th Birthday.
                    Grow up!....... Then you might actually realise what you have

Comment

MF, hang on in there. I'm not a baby fan and all the nappy changing, screaming etc is hard work. However once they get past the terrible two's it's great.

Mine (Girl 17, Boy 13) mean that much to me that I just walked out on my second wife as she keeps trying to make me put them at arms length.

Remember they're your blood, you can replace wifes and girlfriends but not family.
                      But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Working...
                      X