• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Replace Shimano gear shifters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Is there going to be a cuk bike race of something?
    Have you ever done Lands End to John O Groats then Brillo?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Have you ever done Lands End to John O Groats then Brillo?
      Have you ever done it? I know OS did LOndon to Paris which sounds fun.

I was thinking about it - MrsBP wants to follow me and stay at spa hotels. After the brutal double next year I am going to give up running. Dallas has been advising me and reckons this is good Home | London Edinburgh London .

If anyone has any recommendations for long distance cycling (needs to be about 200 miles a day) then I would love to hear about it.

Comment

Have you got any cream?

Just got back from the bike shop as i was looking at a new road bike. I want something with a little less friction than my mountain bike so I can keep up with you.
        Ooh exciting. I love my new bike. Did a 40 mile spin on Wednesday - fantastic. Will probably head out for a short ride tomorrow.

Mine's a cyclocross - at the mo it's got big (35mm) tyres which are good for my commute through the woods, but I imagine it'll fly with slicks on. Average mph about 3-4 higher than on my old bike even with the knobblies. Not sure how it will cope with steep hills - it's not got the low gears, so need a bit more power in the engine.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          need a bit more power in the engine.
          Try protein shakes. They will really build up the thigh muscles and glutes.

Comment

Ooh exciting. I love my new bike. Did a 40 mile spin on Wednesday - fantastic. Will probably head out for a short ride tomorrow.

Mine's a cyclocross - at the mo it's got big (35mm) tyres which are good for my commute through the woods, but I imagine it'll fly with slicks on. Average mph about 3-4 higher than on my old bike even with the knobblies. Not sure how it will cope with steep hills - it's not got the low gears, so need a bit more power in the engine.
            I almost binned the mountain bike last time I went out. Gears slipping all the time, pain in the arse. I can only seem to average around 8mph on that one and my other in the West Country is better. I'm ok for about 3 hours worth of cycling but fooked after that and just wanted to cover a little further and a little more friction free when on the road.

I do fancy London to Brighton at some point.

Regarding 200 miles for Brillo. Take a ******* train you loony.

Comment

I do fancy London to Brighton at some point.
              Good idea - we could have a cuk group do it.

Comment

Up for that. Next year? It's June time - you have to register Jan/Feb to get a place.

Comment

First one there gets the drinks for everyone else.

Comment

Up for that. Next year? It's June time - you have to register Jan/Feb to get a place.
                    I reckon so. I bet Dallas will be there - shes a game girl.

Maybe admin will get us cuk cycling tops for some advertising?

Comment

First one there gets the drinks for everyone else.
                      Do your air miles vouchers stretch to energy drinks?

Maybe we could get someone to drive a van to get the bikes home? Apparantly the train is horrendously packed afterwards.

Comment

Working...
                      X