• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are you a Ring Virgin?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wagner fans are a rum lot...

Last edited by Dark Black; 30 July 2013, 12:40.
    Do what thou wilt

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
      I have done about 100 laps. Might even go this weekend if the weather behaves.

I know a bloke who's done the 24 hour bicycle race there, which is the same format as endurance car racing, teams of riders riding shifts of 2 or 3 hours. He said it's bloody scary at 35kmh on a bicycle never mind 135 in a car.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Tht's particularly true of Wagner. While Verdi (who Wagner hated) had some good singalongs, and so did Puccini, I prefer Wagner's orchestral works, in other words, the bits between the warbling and screeching.
        I quite like the warbling. There should be two rules for Opera: 1. You shouldn't be able to see it, because as soon as you see the performers and the "acting" it's no different to a bad musical (Summer Holiday, or Xanadu spring to mind). And 2. it shouldn't be in a language you can remotely understand.

If you follow both of those, then it's quite a nice noise. For me orchestral music is largely tedious once you get past the "greatest hits", but I could listen to some warbling.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          I know a bloke who's done the 24 hour bicycle race there, which is the same format as endurance car racing, teams of riders riding shifts of 2 or 3 hours. He said it's bloody scary at 35kmh on a bicycle never mind 135 in a car.
          I usually hit 200 - 210km/h in a few places. Wan't a pax ride?
          "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Working...
          X