• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

£600 for fecking tyres!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never managed to make a tyre last more than a year.

Must be the 800bhp and lack of traction control in my Nissan Micra.

Comment

Originally posted by Hart-floot
      Experts say it is not so much 'if but when' petrol will hit £1 a litre
      Wow, now those are serious experts. I'm going to put my neck on the line and say it is not so much 'if but when' petrol will hit £2 a litre.

Comment

Ouch I paid £25 each for the goodyear ones on my rover 414! They were *new* not remoulds as well.
        Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          Apparently the wunderkind in Brussels have come up with a bright idea:

Take the carbon black out of tyres coz it is alleged to be carcinogenic.

Result: instead of lasting 6 or 7 years, they'll now last about 2... and this is supposed to reduce the 100 million tyres a year that end up in landfill...
          So what colour would the 'green' tyres be?
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
            So what colour would the 'green' tyres be?

Silly boy!
            The "Green" tyres would still be black...only they would be coloured black using a Carcinogenic Chemical Colourant tested on Rats, proven only to harm humans if taken over the recommended daily intake......

Comment

Tyers for the Jag are about £110 each - and there is only one type that fit!!!
              SA says;
              Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              (whatever these are)

Comment

Material World about tyres...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/science/...20060713.shtml

Comment

http://www.etyres.co.uk/ straight to your door, cheaper than anything I have found
                  Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner
                    Tyers for the Jag are about £110 each - and there is only one type that fit!!!
                    Luxury. The feckers I had to put on my BMW 750 were £299 each (plus VAT). I nearly fainted the first time I needed a new set.
                    I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Originally posted by Hart-floot
                      Experts say it is not so much 'if but when' petrol will hit £1 a litre
                      Good experts then. I paid 106.9 per litre for BP Ultimate the other day (Stow on the Wold).
                      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                      X