• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Kate Middletons baby

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Elizabeth Windsor née Battenberg ?
    Nope, just Elizabeth Windsor.

Battenberg became Mountbatten in 1917, three days before Saxe-Coburg and Gotha became Windsor.

She was born a Windsor and married a Mountbatten, but didn't change her surname on marriage (on the advice from Queen Mary and WInston Churchill).

Her male descendents who do not have a Royal title have the surname Mountbatten-Windsor, so the sons of Viscount Severn, if he were to have any.
    Last edited by TheFaQQer; 23 July 2013, 11:21.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Secretary at work talking about it. TV has it on. Top thread on cuk. Is there no escape?

Its enough to make me a republican.

Comment

A 50-year-old secret surrounding a court case that raised questions about the legitimacy of the Duke of Edinburgh's mother has been disclosed by Whitehall officials.
        Notes of Cabinet discussions during the closing years of Winston Churchill's premiership reveal that the Royal Marriages Act cast serious doubt on the validity of the marriage of Philip's grandparents and the legitimacy of his mother, Princess Alice of Greece.
        The crisis arose when a distant German cousin of the Queen and Philip - Prince Ernest of Hanover - lodged a claim in the High Court for British citizenship.
        The Cabinet was so concerned about the impact of the case, less than two years after the Queen's 1953 coronation, that it took immediate action to prevent the disclosure of the potential impact on the Duke's family.
        Cabinet minutes circulated at the time in Whitehall were censored to keep the royal implications of the case quiet.
        The release of the Cabinet minutes, part of a rolling publication of previously secret Cabinet documents by the National Archives at Kew, are likely to cause fresh embarrassment to Prince Philip following the outspoken attack on him by Mohamed al Fayed during the inquest into the death of Diana, Princess of Wales.
        In a bizarre outburst at the inquest, Mr al Fayed alleged Prince Philip was a "Nazi" and a "racist", and claimed his real name "ends with Frankenstein".
        "It's time to send him back to Germany from where he comes," he said.
        The drama is revealed in a Cabinet Office transcript of the notes taken at three Cabinet meetings by Sir Norman Brook, the Cabinet secretary, published on the National Archives website.
        Gwilym Lloyd George, the Home Secretary, alerted the Cabinet on Jan 27, 1955, to the prospect of awkward and embarrassing questions being raised about Philip's maternal family if Prince Ernest won his claim for British citizenship in the High Court.

Read more: Royal embarrassment over legitimacy of Prince Philip's mother as documents cast doubt on grandparents' marriage | Mail Online
        Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Royal embarrassment over legitimacy of Prince Philip's mother as documents cast doubt on grandparents' marriage | Mail Online
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Who was the guy who was exiled to South Africa to keep him quiet, who should have been in line for the throne over the current lot? He was an illegitimate son of The (not current) Prince of Wales.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

When events like this take place it reminds me that this country is filled with sad ****ers.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              Who was the guy who was exiled to South Africa to keep him quiet, who should have been in line for the throne over the current lot? He was an illegitimate son of The (not current) Prince of Wales.

No amount of Google searching found anything, then I suddenly remembered his name. Proof that my brain is better than all of Google's databases and algorithms:

George Rex - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

If they'd allowed Catholics, there were at least 18 more legitimate claims on the throne after Anne died before the throne was passed to George I.

George IV had lots of illegitimate children who had a stronger claim than William IV and then Victoria, but he didn't have any legitimate children.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  When reading cuk forums it reminds me that this country is filled with sad ****ers.
                  FTFY

Comment

Generally, no.
                    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

I wonder if there will be a Lego Youtube version of Kate Middleton’s baby
                      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                      X