• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PC sales see 'longest decline' in history

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    These remind me a LOT of whichever box it was Jobs worked on that ended up powerful but unaffordable, maybe in his first time at Apple?
    Lisa?

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
      I know I'm opening myself up to all sorts of abuse here but I really want one of the new Mac Pros. God knows how much they'll cost and I have absolutely no need for it but I still want one .

On a slightly more serious note, Apple are clearly putting their faith in the future of the desktop being based off of Thunderbolt rather than being able to add expansion cards. It raises some interesting possibilities with breakout boxes and racks hooked up to a blindingly fast connection rather than crappy USB. And the Mac Pro has 6 of them . I wonder if you can hook up 6 Thunderbolt displays to that. That would be eyewateringly expensive though, even for a contractor
      grrrr

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        You can with the 8gb 256 gb ssd version as well. You don't need memory if you can page to an ssd. The 15 inch version wS £1200 after discount and vat back
        aye. But since the machine was widely spouted that it could not easily be upgraded, I thought get the maximum spec. Should last me 4 years.

Incidentally my 2006 white iMac is still my main machine used daily. Put a SSD in a couple of years ago. Still going strong.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Not a lot considering that top miners now use custom ASICs
          WHS

Comment

One good reason why PC sales are dying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9Qo_2I0NvQ

Comment

I thought every alternate version of Windows was a pup: 95, Vista, and now 8.0 (and possibly 8.1?)

So if that pattern continues, perhaps we can look forward to a half-decent Windows 9
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

It looks like a bit of a mess, did they really get rid of the Start menu from Windows 8 ?

Comment

Tablets, smartphones are PCs also... just not IBM PCs!

Comment

Working...
                  X