• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK Insomnia Club

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    +1 but you need to MU a bit. Its not difficult as most of the time all you need to do is to challenge them to ACTUALLY play their hand and carry out the threat. When they threatened the court order ask for the time and the place and turn up. You may not have a solicitor with you but you just need to say that the previous two sets your wife has tried have already cleared out the bank account and I have no money.
    That's why having seperate bank accounts is useful.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      You've been quite royally f*cked up the arse!

You should've waited for the Court Order - anything that was plainly untrue in that legal document and you're in a very strong position.

As Brillo says, time to MTFU.
      Was advised by solicitor not to let it get to court as given circumstances result would have been the same but I would have been a few thousand more out of pocket.

Need to focus on financial settlement now - not fighting small battles.
      This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
        Thnx for advise! Was forced through "legal agreement" to leave FMH due to threat from her solicitors of a court order (long story pls don't ask I was in a weak position on that too). Part of that legal agreement was to force me to agree to pay the mortgage, which I am doing. Apart from that I am not talking to her - I did not reply to this morning's text messages, but she doesn't seem bothered that I am not talking to her.

To get focus on the settlement solicitor told me to let them send a Form A to get a court date which I now have. Form Es need updating again as not exchanged yet and my situation has changed.

Not sure I can resign gig - apart from letting client down big time as I replaced someone in mid-project who had left - I have no cash to buy food - my bank account has been emptied with setting up Ltd Co and I don't see any funds from gig until 1st week Sep. Besides I cannot issue threats without breaking the legal agreement I was forced to agree to - it would allow her to take me to court.

Rock <-> Hard Place
        Thanks to your solicitor you are now truly in an impossible situation. Anything you do now is wrong.

Imagine your house is on fire and the fire brigade come along and pur napalm on it. That is what is going on here.

You need to have a big think and keep asking round for advice.

I was in the same position as you. Then I joined f4j. I put the BFH under enough pressure to get the kids 4 days a week. She got all the money. If I had not got the kids I would have been abroad by now.
        Last edited by BrilloPad; 18 August 2013, 13:18.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          It is indeed a sensitive matter, and your situation sounds truly tulipty and you definitely need informed, impartial, objective advice.

However, I doubt the suggestion of threatening violence constitutes good advice regardless of how badly the other party has behaved.

I also think statements such as "Women are like children" are indicative of a rather skewed attitude, as well as being offensive.

Neg away Brillo. DILLIGAF.
          I agree with the bold bit entirely. More importantly, as a couple they need independent advice.

I don't believe in violence when there are far more effective ways. e.g. slapping children(or women) is far less effective than other punishment methods(for MrsBP I don't slap her which is really annoying for her).

In this case I proposed the OP withdrawing him being a cash cow which will hit her most. The idea is to get her to go to marriage guidance or similar.

Any better suggestions for how he can get her to the negotiating table are very welcome. Particularly as since my post the OP has posted how he will be breaking a court order if he goes down my route - which has left me very much in 2 minds. It would require balls of steel to carry out my actions - I don't think I could carry it through.

So better suggestions very welcome.

Comment

Only Fish can now sum up this thread.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=opmcm4aK9uY

Comment

...bugger
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                ...bugger
                Could be worse. It could only be 7.24pm.

Oh bugger.

Comment

Hello

Comment

bye

Comment

Got some sleep then?

I just wake up early.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X