• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bob job agencies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
    The calls I got were for a very, very specific ability to use BT's ancient mainframe's customer service/engineering system in anger.

So specific that I went in with that in mind, and as I knew the PM he confirmed to me that the rates the outsourced co were offering was destroying any chance of getting the people with the skills he needed.
    WHS

I've often thought the Modus Operandi was this;

1. BobOutsourcer engages BobAgency or more as I suspect, sets up BobAgency - Avance seem to me to be Wipro's toy..

2. Bid for ClientCo at super low costs saying they have the staff, know-how etc already on board.

3. BobAgent goes out to market at low rate.

4. BobOutsourcer doesn't get the gig cos ClientCo realises they don't actually have the staff because the rates are too low to attract anyone with any ability and ClientCo knows this and gets edgy

5. You never hear from BobAgent again until another BobOutsourcer tender springs up.

I quizzed a BobAgent re: a gig at Lloyds and the extremely low rate and 'That's what the Client is paying, I'm afraid..' - The client being Wipro, not Lloyds.

Comment

Not just the bobs that are ripping the crap out if the margins. I was talking to a colleague today and the current client won a big BPO deal by ripping out all the IT costs from the bid they understandably won and then went to the it guys and asked how they could deliver for 7k

Comment

Working...
      X