• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best all round camera

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wife and kids have a lumix each, and they're great. But I have a DSLR (like you currently have) and there's no comparing the difference in quality; DSLR all the way for me.

Comment

Panasonic Lumix TZ30
      Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Had a quick scan of that, looks more like it!
        Do you own it?
        No, I'm two versions behind. I love my one though - when I "break" the current one, that would be my first choice.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I have my Panasonic DMC TZ30 next to me right now. It is a masterpiece of technology.

Yesterday I was snapping away and it asked me if I wanted place names attached to the photies. It has gps

very impressed with it so far
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

The best camera is the one you are carrying, which today is your phone, so you are probably looking at the Xperia Z
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

We have a couple of DSLRs, but wanted a compact to carry around without needing a bag full of assorted lenses and filters to get a decent shot.

We got a Canon PowerShot SX280 HS, it has a 20x zoom, GPS, WiFi and all the control (nearly) of our SLRs.

Comment

The Canon is a very good camera.

Personally I went for an X10 instead. As a point and shoot option the pictures are very good and still has DSLR capability.

Here is the product range.

X Series | Fujifilm Global

Comment

Have you seen these?

Canon Compact EOS - EOS Digital SLR and Compact System Cameras - Canon UK

That's what I'd do (no I don't own one)

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions - looks like the best bet is to chose a price range first.
                    Also would be a shame to just shelve the D40 I have.
                    I'm leaning towards maybe a cheaper camera around £300 that's good enough and portable for general use and wheel out the D40 for the big panoramic shots, which in any case you're likely to know you would be exposed to in advance.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X