• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Addictions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pastry based snacks would count I suppose.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      No, real ones.
      Strippers?
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        Strippers?
        No, just fit women who pass the window sometimes. Irresistable urge to get up and take a good look at their bums.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          No, just fit women who pass the window sometimes. Irresistable urge to get up and take a good look at their bums.
          If I had a village
          I would call it shapely bottom
          And the only ladies living there
          Would be the ones who've got em.

Comment

I went cold turkey on Bejeweled Blitz at New Year. Nearly had a relapse last week, but had a quick fix of scrabble instead.
            Last edited by mudskipper; 14 June 2013, 13:43. Reason: It's Friday afternoon

Comment

I was once addicted to snorting coke, the ice cubes kept going up my nose
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                Why do you ask?

As some of you know, my eldest son is a drug addict (mostly heroin, but he's not particularly choosy)

The old joke about the light at the end of the tunnel being the train coming is definitely true when you live with an addict.
                Just curious. That odd post in the other thread got me thinking.

I seem to have been lucky enough that where I have dabbled with such things I've got to the point where I've thought "I need to stop doing this" and stopped without any issues, but I have been drinking a lot recently, no where near as much as I used to before I had kids, and probably not as much as half the people on here, but probably more than I should and I am starting to think that I might be a bit of a lush.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  Why do you ask?

As some of you know, my eldest son is a drug addict (mostly heroin, but he's not particularly choosy)

The old joke about the light at the end of the tunnel being the train coming is definitely true when you live with an addict.
                  Really? One of my closest friends from my childhood is going through a similar ordeal. He has always liked a drink and to smoke a bit of weed, then he was pulled over on a program called "frontline cops" and they found some heroin on him. It really is a shame, he was always a really smart guy and there is nothing any of us can do, heroin is a selfish drug, he has stolen from his family, lied to everyone, lost his house, his car, his girlfriend and won't be long until his job. The sad thing is, there is nothing anyone can do, we have tried to get him help, sent him away, got him to see drug councillors, seen a doctor, but he keeps going back.

Comment

Gambling at the posh bookies that are the financial markets.
                    Day trading futures options and fx and a bit of spread betting.
                    I have had days when i have made and lost £50K day trading,
                    and weeks where £100K+ have been won and lost.
                    Few things beat the rush you get from day trading with real money.

Comment

At least we are all mercifully untroubled by the compulsion to post tulip on the Internet.

Comment

Working...
                      X