• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's a cheap, nice place to live, commutable to Swindon and London?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    You want some do you son? You want some???
    You know where.

Member Profile - TripAdvisor

Comment

Cheap, nice, commutable.

Pick two.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Like some other bloke said, Didcot parkway is a good idea. Swindon is not that bad either, because the 7:20 train in the morning goes non-stop from swindon to paddington. You can get seats if you board at swindon. After that, be prepared to stand. Like DimPrawn said, you could find a place to stay in Swindon. Not sure what people mean by "nice" place to live. All I care about is a roof over my head and a vxr8 to drive.
        I am Brad. I do more than the needful and drive the market rates up by not bobbing my head.

Comment

Originally posted by tranceporter View Post
          Swindon is not that bad either, because the 7:20 train in the morning goes non-stop from swindon to paddington. You can get seats if you board at swindon. After that, be prepared to stand.
          If it's non-stop, where would people be getting on after Swindon and not able to find seats?

Comment

Oh, and you can rent my shed if you like.

Out in the country, 1 hour to Waterloo, 1 hour to Swindon. Very cheap.

But you have to mow my lawn for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
              If it's non-stop, where would people be getting on after Swindon and not able to find seats?
              Train surfing.

Comment

Direct

Comment

He means after 7:20.
                  I am seriously considering Swindon then. Are any areas nicer than the others, any places to avoid?
                  Is it sensible to live a bit further from the centre and say take a bus or a car near the station?

Comment

Originally posted by yasockie View Post
                    He means after 7:20.
                    I am seriously considering Swindon then. Are any areas nicer than the others, any places to avoid?
                    Is it sensible to live a bit further from the centre and say take a bus or a car near the station?
                    Swindon centre is generally a cess pit. The Old Town is the best if you want to be near(ish) to the train station. Outside of that there's Broome Manor which is okay (for Swindon).

Avoid any area that begins with a P. So no Penhill, Pinehurst, Park North, Park South.

You can live in a nice village/hamlet outside Swindon, but the station car park fills up early, so don't be late!

HTH BIDI

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      Swindon centre is generally a cess pit. The Old Town is the best if you want to be near(ish) to the train station. Outside of that there's Broome Manor which is okay (for Swindon).

Avoid any area that begins with a P. So no Penhill, Pinehurst, Park North, Park South.

You can live in a nice village/hamlet outside Swindon, but the station car park fills up early, so don't be late!

HTH BIDI
                      What about Peatmoor?
                      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                      X